DotEmu have annonced the worldwide release of The Last Express on iPhone & iPad. Designed by Jordan Mechner, best known as the creator of the Prince of Persia franchise and martial-arts classic Karateka, The Last Express is an intrigue-filled adventure set aboard the luxurious Orient Express.
In July 1914, on the eve of World War I, as the train departs on its final journey from Paris to Constantinople, the player steps into the shoes of Robert Cath, an American doctor with a mysterious past. A fugitive from French police, Cath, boards the train in answer to an urgent telegram from his best friend – and plunges into a maelstrom of conspiracy, romance and murder.
“The Last Express was a labor of love for me and the Smoking Car team. We strove to recreate the vanished world of 1914 Europe in a way that would feel authentic and immersive,” said Jordan Mechner. “I’m especially proud of the game’s non-linear, interactive storytelling. I’m excited that a new generation of gamers will have the opportunity to experience it on iOS.”
"Out of the dozen of classic games we re-launched on the mobile space, The Last Express is definitely our favorite one." said Xavier Liard, DotEmu President.
"It has been a very challenging project, we spent countless hours to bring back this must-have in your pocket. We really hope that players will enjoy the ride." said Romain Tisserand, DotEmu CTO.
• 20+ hours of game play
• Interact with 30+ characters who behave like actual people on a train - moving about in real-time and conversing in their native languages
• Eavesdrop on conversations, sneak into compartments, and uncover clues
• Explore a richly detailed, historically accurate 3D recreation of the 1914 Orient Express
• Your actions affect other characters’ behavior, making every play-through different
• Rewind feature allows you to back up to any point in the story and choose a different course of action
• Playable in 5 languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
EXCLUSIVE ADDITIONAL FEATURES ONLY FOR iOS:
• Unlock challenging achievements that test your sleuthing skills
• Dynamic, 3-tiered hint system created specifically for iOS
• 20 unlockable character biographies
• Unlock cinematics to replay at any time