Treating Customers Fairly
Treating Customers Fairly is at the core of our business. We aim to ensure that:
- Consumers can be confident they are dealing with a company where the fair treatment of customers is central to its culture.
- The products and services that we sell are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as we have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers to submitting a claim or making a complaint.
At CCL, we pride ourselves on our open and honest sales approach and our first-class customer service, ensuring customers are treated fairly. These words reflect the culture that is central to our business. We know to achieve this we must:
- Invest in the training and development of our staff to ensure they are competent and focused on the importance of treating every customer fairly.
- Ensure that any advice given is in the customers' best interests.
- Continually assess the services and products we provide to ensure we can meet changing requirements.
- Empower our staff to ensure any concerns raised by a customer are immediately addressed.
We constantly monitor our ability to achieve these standards through regular assessments of individual performance, benchmarking performance against quality standards and internal audits.
Vulnerable Customer Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that CCL is treating vulnerable customers fairly.
For the purposes of this policy vulnerable customers are customers and prospective customers whose ability or circumstances require us to take extra precautions in the way that we sell and provide our services to ensure that they are not disadvantaged in any way.
Our staff are trained to identify vulnerable customers so we can take extra steps to assist outside of our standard procedures. However, it is not always possible to recognise these characteristics. Therefore, if you believe you may fit the criteria for a vulnerable customer, please read this policy and notify us immediately of your needs.
As soon we think we may be engaging with a vulnerable customer, whether this is through our identification or you are approaching us, we will:
- Provide additional opportunities for you to ask questions about the information we have provided
- Continuously seek confirmation that you have understood the information that has been provided
- Ask if there is anybody with you who is able to assist. If not, and we believe this will be beneficial, we will make arrangements to continue with the subject matter at another time
- Offer you the opportunity to complete the transaction after a period of further consideration
If we can’t help a customer, we will try and make sure that they understand what alternative options are available to them.
To register as a vulnerable customer: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01274 471 201