Here’s a versatile and cost-effective USB 2.0 extender. It gives you the freedom you need to place your USB device further away, making it perfect for the homes, offices, classrooms, and many other environments. Now, you can easily access and use your USB 2.0 device in a remote location, up to 165 ft. (50 m) away, using Cat5 or Cat6 cable.
Eliminate hassle and smash distance limitations
This USB extender overcomes the 16 ft. cable length limitations of traditional USB 2.0 cables, so you can create a more efficient, more flexible workspace.
It’s an inexpensive USB-to-Ethernet solution that’s ideal for virtually any USB 2.0 device. You can connect a webcam at the back of a classroom, or a printer in another room at the office, all up to 50 m away from your host computer.
Plus, with a power adapter included for the remote unit, you can connect power-hungry USB devices such as external hard drives.
Rugged durability and peace of mind
Unlike other USB extenders that feature a plastic housing, this extender offers a metal casing that offers rugged durability. Whether the extender is installed in a permanent location, or will be moved from place to place, it gives you the peace of mind that your USB peripheral remains connected and accessible, right where you need it.
Supports any operating system as well as older devices
The USB 2.0-over-Cat5-or-Cat6 extender is OS independent, so it supports a variety of operating systems. Setup is easy with no additional drivers or software required, and the extender is backward compatible with USB 1.1 and 1.0 peripherals.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Place your USB device exactly where you need it (up to 50 m), with this cost-effective USB-to-Ethernet extender
- Metal housing for rugged durability
- OS independent for fast, hassle-free setup
- Kit includes a local unit (transmitter) and a remote unit (receiver), as well as a universal power adapter (power adapter must be connected to the remote unit)
- Supports transfer rates of up to 480Mbps
- Plug-and-play and hot-swap compatible