Someday, maybe even today, your electronic device will let you down. Cracked screens and worn-out batteries can make your digital life aggravating. But you’re closer to a working device than you think, you just need the right tools. Enter our Essential Electronics Toolkit: It contains all the necessary tools for most electronic repairs while staying nice and compact.
Take charge of your own repair
Ready, steady, repair! Our step-by-step repair guides explain how to repair faulty or broken devices. To make things even more convenient, we’ve already compiled the perfect selection of the most important tools, so you’re ready to go.
We picked the perfect tools to safely open smartphones, laptops, small appliances, and so much more. The kit contains 16 precision bits (including Pentalobe and Tri-point) made from S2 steel as well as tools to help you get a grip on even the smallest components. We packed everything into a handy magnetized case with a lid that doubles as a built-in sorting tray for screws and small components.
- Opening tools to safely open high-tech devices
- Magnetic bit driver with 16 precision bits
- Tools for gripping and holding even the smallest components
- Compact, sturdy ABS plastic case with a built-in sorting tray lid
Advantages at a glance
- Compact toolkit for electronic and household repairs
- Ideal for beginners, as a gift or for yourself
- Those are the tools used in our repair guides which makes things so much easier
- Our tools have been tested and are precision engineered
- Lifelong warranty
- This is the perfect choice for your budget and the environment
- Opening Tools: Opening a device without damaging it is the first step of any electronics repair. Our Essential Electronics Toolkit contains all the standard tools you need to conquer this hurdle: an antistatic spudger, six opening picks, our iFixit opening tool and the specially designed iFixit Jimmy for more stubborn cases. Our custom suction cup can handle fragile and hard-to-grasp components such as touchscreens and glass panels. You’ll be suitably equipped to deal with the most stubborn cases.
- Drivers: Security screws make repairs unnecessarily complicated, but this toolkit has your back with 16 of the most-seen bits in electronics repair. The precision S2 steel bits fit snugly in a handy polymer screwdriver with a magnetic tip for extra grip. And of course our iFixit warranty is included: We’ll replace worn out or damaged tools (with the exception of consumables) for life.
- Gripping tools: Keep finger oils off your delicate components by using precision angled tweezers, they’ll allow you to work on even deeply-buried components. With the Essential Electronics Toolkit, you’re all set for a successful repair: bye bye disposable products and hello repair!
Detailed kit contents
- Driver with magnetic bit socket (4 mm), knurled grip and swivel top
- Angled tweezers
- iFixit Jimmy
- iFixit Opening Tool
- iFixit Opening Picks (6)
- iFixit Suction Handle
- Easy-to-Open Magnetized Case
- Lid with Built-in Sorting Tray for screws and small components
16 Precision Screwdriver Bits (4 mm):
- Phillips 000, 00, 0, 1
- Pentalobe P2, P5
- Flat 1, 2.5, 4 mm
- Torx T4, T5
- Torx Security TR6, TR8, TR10
- Tri-Point Y000
- SIM Eject Bit