The Seasonic Prime Platinum 850 watt power supply is a 80 plus platinum certified power supply and guarantees stability and reliability. It boasts a near-perfect voltage output which represents Seasonic’s market leading engineering feat. This unit is ideal for users who want to reduces noise levels in their work environment, as it has an oversized, 135 mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan that is controlled by Seasonic’s proprietary Premium Hybrid Fan Control. An innovative Cable-free Connection Design solution employs a highly conductive copper plate to replace the traditionally used cables for a cleaner design and to increase power efficiency.
- 80 Plus© Platinum - The second highest level of efficiency, the less power gets wasted in the form of excess heat. The 80 Plus© Platinum certification guarantees greater than 90%, 92% and 89% efficiency at 20%, 50% and 100% operating loads, respectively. The Seasonic Platinum Series represents the highest level of technology and efficiency achievement of Seasonic during its 40 years of commitment to engineering excellence.
- Micro Tolerance Load Regulation - Seasonic's latest design keeps the output voltage within a very tight range, achieving under 0.5% (1 % for 1000W and above) load regulation. This impressive electrical performance and stability makes this power supply an ideal choice for high-performance systems.
- Fluid Dyanamic Fan Bearing (135mm) - High performance Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) fans are designed to take advantage of the impact absorbance effects of oil. They are extremely reliable and generate considerably less operating noise and heat than ball bearing fans. The lubrication of the bearing surface reduces friction and vibration and therefore lowers overall power consumption. Due to the effortless, quieter rotations and its robust construction, this reliable fan technology also greatly increases the lifespan of the fan.
- How FDB Works - When the fan shaft rotates, high pressure oil drifts along the grooves of the bearing sleeve to generate a thin layer of lubrication between the bearing faces. As the speed increases, so does the dynamic oil pressure and the shaft is lifted from the bearing to create smooth, effortless rotations. The herringbone shape of the groves helps to efficiently channel the lubricant and avert leakage.
- Premium Hybrid Fan Control - Seasonic's vast experience in designing the most silent and efficient power supplies on the market was translated into the development of Hybrid Mode a state-of-the-art fan control that enables users to keep the overall fan noise at the lowest possible level.
- Power Supply Sound - The Seasonic Prime Series is designed with very favourable level of acoustics and it uses carefully selected components and a innovative circuit design to minimise sound output. Beyond our rigorous internal tests, the power supply also went through external testing with the most popular graphics cards to ensure that the sound at all loads would be kept at the lowest possible level. The chart compares the sound level of the Seasonic Prime power supply to other ambient sounds.
- Cable-free Connection Design - Seasonic's engineers have implemented a new design feature, where instead of cables the back panel and the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) are connected by a copper plate. This breakthrough solution not only lowers the chance of production errors during manual insertion but it also improves output power quality.
- Gold Plated Connectors - Gold plating critical connector pins (motherboard, CPU and PCIe cables) extends the lifetime of the connectors and greatly increases the efficiency of the current transmission.
- 12 Years Warranty - Our commitment to superior Seasonic quality.