Here’s an easy way to connect a wider range of peripherals to your laptop. This 4-port USB 3.0 hub turns your laptop’s USB-A port into three USB-A charge-and-sync ports (5Gbps), and one USB-C™ port.
Now, you can use your laptop’s traditional USB Type-A port to expand your connectivity, fast-charge your smartphone or tablet, and connect your newer USB Type-C™ device to your laptop.
Expand your USB connectivity
This USB 3.0 hub lets you expand your USB connection options using the USB-A port on your computer. (USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1.) It offers three USB-A ports and one USB-C port, so you can still connect traditional USB devices now, and be ready to connect USB Type-C devices in the future.
It’s the ideal way to connect your new USB-C equipped device to your laptop’s traditional USB-A port.
Charge and sync your mobile devices
With three fast-charge ports, this hub helps ensure that your tablets and smartphones are charged and ready to use when you need them. Each USB-A port supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2, so you can charge and sync up to three devices simultaneously. (The charge provided depends on the number of devices connected and the amount of power each device draws. The hub’s USB-C port does not support charging.)
Designed for versatility
This self-powered USB hub comes with an external power adapter to support power-hungry USB devices, such as larger external drives and enclosures, which require more power than USB power can provide on its own. You can install the versatile USB 3.0 hub virtually anywhere, because it takes up minimal space on a desk, and fits perfectly in hot-desk or BYOD environments.
With its compact and lightweight design, the 4-port USB hub is also ideal for mobile use. You can simply tuck the hub and power adapter into your laptop bag to expand your connectivity when you’re traveling.
Save time and money
This hub can help if you need a way to connect your newer USB-C peripherals to your existing laptop. Now you can access your USB-C device while avoiding the cost of purchasing a newer laptop that features a USB Type-C port.
The self-powered USB 3.0 hub installs quickly with no additional drivers or software required, and it’s compatible with virtually all operating systems.
The HB30A3A1CSFS is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect USB-C peripheral devices through your laptop's traditional USB-A port
- Add both USB-C and USB-A ports to your USB-A port equipped laptop, MacBook, Chromebook, or desktop computer
- Simultaneously fast-charge up to three mobile devices, all three USB-A ports support USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2
- USB powered and includes optional power adaptor (for self powering)
- Compact design for easy portability
- Fast, easy installation with broad OS support and no additional drivers required
- Compliant with USB 3.0 and data rates up to 5Gbps, also backward compatible with older USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices