Slash the 6GHz barrier in style with the Strix Z790-E. Translucent shrouds outline its RGB ignition panel, alluding to its ability to jump into lightspeed under the guidance of AI Overclocking and a hyper-reactive VRM. DDR5 enhancements and an assortment of PCIe 5.0 options ramp up velocity even further, and setup is a breeze thanks to its unique Q-Design feature set.
Every aspect of the Strix Z790-E is finely tuned so the processor, memory, and connected devices can run in lockstep in order to achieve breakneck speeds.
Tuning is now faster and smarter than ever before. ASUS AI Overclocking profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration and push the system to its limits. Predicted values can be engaged automatically or used as a launching ground for further experimentation.
Fully embracing the new standard, the Strix Z790-E offers end-to-end PCIe 5.0 support. The topmost x16 expansion slot is Gen 5-ready, and is protected with a SafeSlot retention bracket to bear the weight of the latest graphics cards. One of the onboard M.2 slots is geared for blistering 16 GB/s read and write speeds thanks to its PCIe 5.0 interface, while all the rest can deliver still-impressive 8 GB/s transfers. Every M.2 slot is covered with substantial heatsinks to dispatch the heat of next-gen drives.?
ROG has a long legacy of flexing the fastest memory performance, and DDR5 is no outlier. Thanks to improved signal routing, now enthusiast-grade kits have been driven far beyond the 7 GT/s mark on the Strix Z790-E, and who knows how far future DIMMs can go? Seasoned veterans can test their mettle by tinkering with the extensive array of tuning options in the UEFI.?
ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP) is an exclusive hardware and firmware solution to overclock generic memory modules. AEMP’s second version allows for automatic tuning of kits during system startup and leverages the PCB trace optimizations of the Strix Z790-E to push frequencies higher than ever before. AEMP II can even overclock mixed kits in a quad-DIMM arrangement, and the vast library of support now extends to nearly every DDR5 module that does not otherwise have XMP support.
Lightning-fast networking keeps the Strix Z790-E in sync with the outside world for uninterrupted gaming and creation. In addition to breakneck data transfers, connected devices can now top-up quickly thanks to 30W charging support. And SupremeFX audio makes sound clear and punchy to shape truly immersive experiences.
Onboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of newly available spectrum in the 6 GHz band to provide up to seven 160 MHz channels for ultrafast throughput and better performance in dense wireless environments.
* WiFi 6E availability and features are dependent on regulatory limitations and co-existence with 5 GHz WiFi. Learn more about ASUS WiFi 6E
Intel 2.5G Ethernet
Low-latency gaming, speedy file transfers, and high-resolution video streaming are among the many perks of onboard Intel® 2.5 Gbps Ethernet.
USB 3.2 GEN 2X2
The Strix Z790-E comes loaded with two USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C® connectors for speedy data transfers up to 20 Gbps. One is a port on the rear I/O; the other can be attached to the chassis front panel and it also features Power Delivery (PD) 3.0 technology to quickly charge devices up to 30W.
ROG SupremeFX is a unique blend of hardware and software technologies that provide superior audio. The Strix Z790-E implementation features the ALC4080 codec for high-resolution playback up to 32-bit/384 kHz across all channels. Front-panel output is streamed through the integrated Savitech amplifier that can drive high-fidelity acoustics to a wide variety of speakers and headsets.
PLAY IN STYLE
Black PCB and heatsinks compliment most hardware, and customizable RGB lighting furthers the flexibility. Pair the Strix Z790-E with other products from the diverse ROG ecosystem to create a fully customized gaming setup that reflects your personal style.
UNDENIABLY ROG STRIX
Diagonal slats, brushed aluminum, and bold RGB have become hallmarks of the ROG aesthetic, and the Strix Z790-E bears all of them with pride. But for this generation, translucent diffusers line the I/O shroud and the Q-Release array, softly contrasting the metallic heatsinks nearby.
OUTSHINE THE COMPETITION
ROG Strix motherboards feature ASUS Aura technology, enabling full lighting control and a variety of presets for both onboard RGB LEDs and third-party accessories. Effects can be easily synced across compatible ROG graphics cards, monitors, keyboards, and mice to give your setup a unified look.
The ROG Strix Z790-E bears the same LGA 1700 socket as the Z690 models, so it is backward compatible with all coolers that supported the previous generation, including all AIO offerings from ASUS and ROG.
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 13th Gen Intel Core processors & 12th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold and Celeron Processors
- Robust Power Solution: 18 + 1 power solution rated for 90A per stage with dual ProCool II power connectors, high-quality alloy chokes, and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized VRM Thermals: Massive heatsinks with integrated I/O cover high-conductivity thermal pads, and connected with an L-shaped heatpipe
- Next-Gen M.2 Support: PCIe 5.0 M.2 slot with Combo-sink and backplate, and four PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots all with heatsinks
- Abundant Connectivity: USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C rear I/O port and front-panel connector with PD 3.0 up to 30W, eleven additional USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Gen 1 ports, PCIe 5.0 x16 SafeSlot, HDMI 2.1, and DisplayPort 1.4
- High-Performance Networking: On-board Intel WiFi 6E (802.11ax) and Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive AI Overclocking, AI Cooling II, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation to simplify setup and improve performance
- Immersive Gaming Audio: ALC4080 with Savitech SV3H712 amplifier, along with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 headers
- DIY Friendly Design: PCIe Slot Q-Release, M.2 Q-Latch, pre-mounted I/O shield, Q-LED, BIOS FlashBack button, BIOS FlashBack LED, and Clear CMOS button
- Renowned Software: Bundled 60-day AIDA64 Extreme trial subscription and intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard with integrated MemTest86