This MST hub lets you connect two DisplayPort monitors to your USB-C™ computer. MST works on any Windows® device with DP alt mode over USB Type-C™, such as models of Dell Precision™ and Dell XPS™ laptops. The MST hub is powered by the USB-C port, so you don't require an additional power adapter.
This adapter works with USB Type-C devices that pass a DisplayPort video signal and it’s also compatible with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports.
Increase your productivity with multiple monitors
The newest generations of laptops are more portable than ever. Unfortunately, this could mean that you’re left with fewer video outputs and confined to a small integrated screen. This MST hub solves these problems by letting you connect two independent displays to a USB-C port on your computer, which makes multitasking much easier.
Using the MST hub, you can extend your desktop onto additional monitors and stream independent content to each display. This makes it easier to multitask and increase your productivity -- perfect for creating an easy-to-dock hot-desk solution with a wireless keyboard and mouse peripheral set.
The hub also lets you mirror the same image onto multiple displays, for remote viewing applications such as digital signage.
Astonishing picture quality that won’t drain your system resources
MST technology uses your existing video card to minimize the use of system resources while delivering Ultra HD 4K resolutions. 4K is supported by the latest A/V devices and offers four times the resolution of 1080p. Plus, because the MST hub can output high-definition 1080p, the MST hub is perfect for all high-resolution applications such as graphic design and CAD drawing.
Works with any monitor, television or projector
With this MST hub, you can use separate DP video adapters to connect HDMI, VGA or DVI displays, for compatibility with all of your existing monitors. The hub supports DP 1.2 enabled systems, for seamless integration with your existing video equipment.
The MSTCDP122DP supports plug-and-play installation for a hassle-free setup and is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Your USB-C equipped device must support video (DP alt mode) to work with this adapter.
- MST shares 21.6Gbps across all attached displays. Higher resolutions can restrict the available bandwidth with the remaining ports, please see our guideline below for determining an ideal resolution for your setup.
Average resolution bandwidth allocation
1920x1080 (High-definition 1080p) @60hz - 22%
1920x1200 @60hz - 30%
2560x1440 @60hz - 35%
2560x1600 @60hz - 38%
3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K) @30hz - 38%
Exceeding 100% will reduce functionality.
- Maximize your productivity by connecting two independent displays to your computer using the MST Hub
- Hassle-free connection with the reversible USB-C connector
- Connect to almost any television, monitor or projector with the support of low-cost adaptors
- Support for resolutions up to 4K
- Thunderbolt 3 port compatible