Purpose-built storage for your smart video solution
The WD Purple™ Pro HDD, with OptiNAND™ technology in 22TB1, delivers big capacity in an enterprise-class drive for video analytics servers, AI, and deep learning systems to enable data-driven outcomes.
Western Digital's exclusive AllFrame™ AI technology
AllFrame AI technology supports up to 32 AI streams for deep learning analytics within the system while reducing frame drops.
Multiple cameras, multiple streams
WD Purple™ Pro drives are optimized to handle up to 64 single-stream HD cameras2 in addition to 32 concurrent AI streams. This flexibility allows you to easily upgrade and scale your smart video solution to meet your changing needs.
Advanced workload capability for advanced systems
These reliable drives are built with a workload rating up to 550TB/year3 to keep up with the 24/7 data capture and analysis demands of advanced AI-enabled recorders, video analytics appliances, and deep learning analytics servers.
Designed for reliable operation
Engineered with an MTBF of up to 2.5 million hours4 and backed with a 5-year limited warranty, the WD Purple™ Pro HDD also features tarnish-resistant components and full multi-bay support for dependable operation in large-scale surveillance systems.
Proactive storage management with WDDA™
Western Digital Device Analytics™ (WDDA) provides drive health management features for compatible recorders and video management systems.
1. 1TB = one trillion bytes. Actual user capacity may be less, depending on operating environment.
2. Single stream per camera @ 3.2Mbps (1080p, H.265, 25 fps). Results may vary depending on camera resolution, file format, frames per second, software, system settings, video quality, and other factors.
3. Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ? (8760 / recorded power-on hours)). Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
4. Projected values. When final, MTBF, and AFR specifications will be based on a sample population and are estimated by statistical measurements and acceleration algorithms under typical operating conditions, workload of 220TB/year, and drive temperature of 40°C. Derating of MTBF and AFR will occur above these parameters, up to 550TB writes per year, and 65°C drive temperature. MTBF and AFR ratings do not predict an individual drive’s reliability and do not constitute a warranty.
- WD Purple Pro hard drive for surveillance is engineered with advanced capabilities.
- High performance, reliability and workload capability for advanced AI-enabled recorders, video analytics appliances, deep-learning servers and cloud-based storage, including RAID and JBOD configurations.
- Supports up to 550 TB/yr workload rate in 8TB -22TB.
- Designed with tarnish-resistant components for harsh environments, and with additional robustness for multi-bay enclosures.