The NM-i17xx-MP83 is a SecuFirm2™ mounting upgrade kit that allows Noctua CPU coolers with 83mm mounting pitch (see detailed compatibility information) to be upgraded to Intel’s latest LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) platform. True to the SecuFirm2™ tradition, it combines outstanding reliability, optimal contact pressure and easy, straightforward installation in order to enable Noctua users to continue using their heatsinks on Intel’s latest Core series processors. The chromax.black version with its all-black parts is a perfect match for Noctua’s chromax.black line heatsinks.
Caution: This mounting upgrade kit makes it possible to install a Noctua heatsink, which has originally been designed for other sockets according to their specifications, on LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) hardware. As the clearance specifications for LGA17xx differ from other sockets, it is crucial to verify that your heatsink is fully compatible with your LGA17xx motherboard before installation. Please consult Noctua's compatibility database in order to make sure that your motherboard is fully compatible with your heatsink. Noctua cannot be held responsible for any damage or losses caused by compatibility issues.
Please note that the NM-i17xx-MP83 is only compatible with heatsinks that have 83mm mounting pitch (see detailed compatibility information) and that the NM-i17xx-MP78 kit must be used for heatsinks with 78mm mounting pitch.
In line with Noctua’s policy of supplying customers with its premium-class SecuFirm2™ mountings free of charge, owners of eligible Noctua heatsink can order the NM-i17xx-MP83 for free via this form. A proof of purchase (electronic version, photo or scan of the invoice) of both an eligible Noctua CPU cooler and either a LGA1700 motherboard or LGA1700 CPU are required. Depending on the country, express shipping options may be available but are subject to service charges.
- For Noctua coolers with 83mm mounting pitch - The NM-i17xx-MP83 kit is compatible with a wide range of Noctua CPU coolers that use 83mm mounting pitch, whereas heatsinks with 83mm mounting pitch must use the MP83 version. Please refer to our detailed compatibility information to check which kit is right for your cooler.
- chromax.black version - With all-black mounting bars and thumb screws, the chromax.black versions of the NM-i17xx kits are ideal for upgrading chromax.black line coolers. Featuring the same premium grade coating as the original mounting parts, they allow maintaining the same consistent black stealth design.
- Trusted SecuFirm2 quality - Over the years, SecuFirm2 has become synonymous with impeccable long-term stability and flawless craftsmanship. Enthusiast users and industry clients alike trust the time-tested quality of Noctua's professional mounting systems.
- Perfect contact pressure - SecuFirm2 mounting systems use high-grade coil springs to achieve perfect contact pressure. No guesswork regarding how far to tighten the mounting screws, no risk of damaging the socket with excessive pressure!
- One-piece backplate with fixed struts - The NM-i17xx kits feature a sturdy one-piece backplate with fixed struts that doesn't require any pre-assembly or adjustment. Due to the fixed struts, aligning the backplate and attaching it to your motherboard is a breeze!
- Tailor-made for LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) - Aiming to cut costs, many manufacturers use cross-platform parts for both Intel and AMD, which can cause compatibility issues. Noctua's SecuFirm2 mounting system for LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) has been tailor-made for this socket in order to ensure optimal compatibility and ease of installation.
- Cooler can be installed turned by 90 degrees - Installing a cooler turned by 90 degrees can be desirable for airflow or compatibility reasons. Thanks to the square layout of the hole pattern on the LGA1700 (LGA17xx family) platform, this is easily possible with the NM-i17xx kits if space and other components permit.
- Backwards compatibility - Noctua CPU coolers are renowned for being safe, long-term investments that can be used for several CPU generations. Accordingly, even coolers that are 15 years or older can be upgraded to the latest Intel Core platform using this mounting kit.
- Sustainability - Using a CPU cooler across several platform generations instead of buying a new heatsink for each generation is not only economical, it also helps to reduce unnecessary waste and save precious resources. By upgrading rather than replacing your cooler, you're actively contributing to a more sustainable PC industry.