CRUCIAL DDR5 LAPTOP MEMORY
Not Just Faster. Better.
Crucial DDR5 Laptop Memory powers extreme on-the-go performance
Empower your next-generation, multi-core CPU on the go
Crucial DDR5 Laptop Memory has the high speed needed for the next generation of multi-core CPUs, but it’s not just faster than DDR4, it’s better1. Multitask seamlessly, load, analyze, edit, and render faster — all with higher frame rates, significantly less lag, and optimized power efficiency over the previous generation2. With Crucial DDR5 Laptop Memory, your laptop3 can harness blazing speeds that were once only possible with extreme performance memory4.
Faster load times and file transfers
Crucial DDR5 Laptop Memory can empower your computer to transfer 50% more data than DDR4 at launch, resulting in faster load times, file transfers, downloads, refresh rates and less lag time5. Due to higher bus efficiency, DDR5 technology is not just faster than the previous generation, it’s better1.
More responsive multitasking
Crucial DDR5 offers 50% faster speeds than DDR4 at launch4, empowering users with extreme performance right out of the box. Even more impressive, Crucial DDR5 Laptop Memory is optimized for enhanced performance and multitasking, not just during testing, but in real-world conditions2. Opening more browser tabs and switching between apps now feels more responsive than ever.
Improved productivity with innovative channel architecture
Significant improvements to DDR5 channel architecture can help you get more work done in less time. With nearly 2x the bandwidth of DDR4, enabled by faster speeds, longer burst lengths, twice the banks and bank groups, two 32-bit channels, and improved refresh schemes, Crucial DDR5 still outperforms DDR4 with higher latency numbers8.
Optimized power efficiency
For improved efficiency and stability, Crucial DDR5 introduces on-module voltage regulation with a power management integrated circuit (PMIC), which was on the motherboard with older memory technologies. This results in improved signaling and cleaner power regulation for the modules (SODIMMs)9. Moreover, DDR5’s on-module operating voltage is only 1.1V compared to DDR4’s 1.2V.
Micron® quality – tested reliability you can trust
As the vertically integrated consumer brand of Micron, Crucial is trusted by millions for reliability, performance, and compatibility. Unlike module assemblers, our unique relationship with Micron involves a deeper level of engineering collaboration to squeeze every ounce of performance from our products without compromising reliability. With Micron’s 43+ years of manufacturing excellence and Crucial’s 25+ years of consumer product development, Crucial DDR5 is backed by our limited lifetime warranty7 and delivers the powerful performance you can trust. When it comes to memory, don’t settle for less.
- DDR5 architecture includes efficiency improvements that deliver 36% more system bandwidth than DDR4, even at the same theoretical speeds of 3200MT/s, per an internal simulation of dual ranked x8 modules in client platforms. Combined with lower voltage per module, this design provides superior (better) performance.
- Under memory-intensive workloads, DDR5 delivers 1.87x the bandwidth as a result of double burst length (16 instead of 8), double the banks (32 instead of 16) and bank groups (8 instead of 4), and significantly higher speed than DDR4. It is enabled to support scaling memory performance with improved channel efficiency, even at higher speeds, not just during testing, but under real-world condition, as established by JEDEC, an independent standardization body that develops open standards for the microelectronics industry.
- Laptop must be DDR5 enabled. Crucial DDR5 Laptop Memory is not compatible with DDR4 laptops.
- DDR5 launch speeds of 4800MT/s are comparable to extreme-performance DDR4 memory speeds and are 1.5x (50%) faster than maximum standard DDR4 speeds of 3200MT/s. DDR5 launch speeds of 4800MT/s deliver 1.87x the bandwidth of the maximum standard DDR4 speeds of 3200MT/s.
- DDR5 launch data rate of 4800MT/s transfers 1.5x (50%) more data than the maximum standard DDR4 data rate of 3200MT/s. JEDEC projected speeds of 8400MT/s are 2.6x faster than DDR4’s maximum standard data rate of 3200MT/s.
- Densities at launch and those planned are defined by JEDEC for the life of the DDR5 generation of memory.
- Limited lifetime warranty valid everywhere except Germany and France, where warranty is valid for ten years from the date of purchase.
- DDR5 launch speeds of 4800MT/s delivers 1.87x the bandwidth of the maximum standard DDR4 speeds of 3200MT/s. Despite, true latency for DDR5-4800 being longer than DDR4-3200, because of the improved channel efficiency, DDR5 still outperforms DDR4 in effective bandwidth.
- DDR5 modules (DIMMs) introduce voltage regulation on the module through a power management integrated circuit (PMIC), which enables cleaner power regulation and reduces the scope of DRAM power delivery network (PDN) management on the motherboard for increased efficiency.