We hope that once you understand the measures we employ to ensure secure transactions and privacy, that you will be as confident about the safety of your online transaction as we are.
In this Security Policy references to:
- “We”, “Us” and “Our” are to CCL Computers Ltd.
- “Person” means individual, or a body corporate or unincorporated, and “Persons” shall be construed accordingly.
- “You” or “Your” means the person using this site.
1.0 Security measures
- We advise you not to disclose your password or user name to any other person.
- You are fully responsible for ensuring that no unauthorised access is obtained to the service through your registered account. You will be entirely liable for all activities conducted and charges incurred through your Registered Account whether authorised by you or not.
- If we have reason to believe that there has been or is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the service we may change your password and notify you accordingly.
- You may change your password and registration details on-line.
- If you forget your password, please use the on-line password reminder service. If you are/have been unable to successfully use this service then please contact our customer services department and if you satisfy our security checks, we will issue you with a new password.
- You acknowledge that we may be obliged by law to store all of your communications or your material and activity logs for a period of time and that we may be required by law to disclose details to government, law enforcement officials and other such agencies.
2.0 How secure is your information?
We work to protect the security of your information. When you’re submitting information to CCL Computers over the internet, security is handled as follows:
- When your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) connects with the secure side of our server that connection is between you and the server alone.
- We ensure the security of all protected data transmitted to and from our site through the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) a server-based encryption technology. As you enter personal information (such as your password, address and phone number, or credit card number), SSL scrambles the data so that it’s only available to you and CCL Computers. With this security, you can send your credit card number to us without risk of interception.
- Information that we store internally to enable us to process your order is kept on a computer system that operates independently of the web server.
- You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for an image of a locked padlock icon in Internet Explorer. This will appear on any page where you are entering personal information such as credit card details.
- We maintain procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Authorised third-party agents may require access to some of your personal information. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share name and address details with a courier. We only provide third-party agents with the minimum amount of information required to complete the requested service or transaction. We do not otherwise share your personal information with third-parties, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We are aware that some people may be wary of ordering goods over the internet, and we will gladly deal with any issues that you may have over the telephone.
If you have any comments, suggestions, concerns or questions regarding this Security Policy, please e-mail email@example.com
or write to:
Customer Service Department
CCL Computers Ltd
Off Cross Lane
Please remember to include your name, address and a contact number.