Upgrade your system speed and performance with this Dual M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter. It lets you add two high performance, enterprise-class PCIe 3.0 M.2 SSDs (NVMe and AHCI) into the PCIe 8-lane or larger slot of your desktop workstation or server.
Boost System Performance
The expansion card lets you take full advantage of the fast performance and compact size of PCIe M.2 internal solid-state drives. With the M.2 PCIe based?drives in place, the adapter?increases your storage capacity and gives your computer a significant speed boost, enhancing data transfer rates.
Access two M.2 PCIe SSDs simultaneously
The dual M.2 to PCIe expansion card employs a high-speed ASM2824 switch, allowing you to access two drives at the same time. Since the adapter card does not rely on PCIe bifurcation, it can easily be integrated into all systems, new and legacy.
The M.2 PCI express adapter also gives you the flexibility to access your M.2 PCIe SSDs individually. Or, you can utilize software RAID to build a RAID array to add redundancy or enhance system performance.
Wide System Compatibility
The adapter?connects directly to your computer motherboard to support two PCIe M.2 SSDs through a x8 PCIe expansion slot. The adapter?is compatible with PCIe 3.0 motherboards and is backward compatible with PCIe 2.0 and PCIe 1.0.
Supports a Wide Range of PCIe M.2 SSDs
The PCIe M.2 NGFF (M Key) adapter supports PCIe 3.0 NVMe and PCIe-AHCI M.2 SSDs including 2242, 2260, and 2280 drives, supporting the most common drive sizes: 42, 60, and 80 mm lengths.
Easy to Install
The expansion card comes with a full-profile bracket pre-installed, and includes a half-height / low-profile bracket, for installation in small form-factor computers.
Vented brackets on the PCIe M.2 NGFF SSD adapter card increases air flow to assist in heat dissipation.
The TAA compliant PEX8M2E2 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Install 2 PCIe 3.0 M.2 SSDs (NVMe or AHCI) into your workstation or server for read/write speeds up to 3GB/s and 2.8GB/s for single-drives or 2.4GB/s and 1.42GB/s (per drive) for 2
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Dual M.2 PCIe SSD adapter card was extensively tested to ensure compatibility w/ Samsung 970 evo, 950 Pro, SM951, & other 2242, 2260, 2280mm PCIe M-Key M.2 NGFF SSDs (NVMe or AHCI)
- BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY: Compatible w/ PCIe 1.0 & 2.0 and x8 or x16 slots, PCIe bifurcation is not required. Works with all workstation and server OS's such as Windows, Linux, and macOS incl. legacy.
- RAID FUNCTIONALITY: M.2 PCI Express adapter lets you use SSDs individually or in a storage pool using OS or 3rd party RAID software & supports RAID 0, 1, SPAN, JBOD for tiered/hybrid storage
- VENTED DUAL-PROFILE BRACKETS: Pre-installed full profile bracket with low-profile (half-height) bracket in box & vented design for better cooling, avoiding drive throttling and improving reliability.