This RS232 Serial Adapter Card lets you add two RS232 (DB9) serial ports to your computer through a PCI Express (PCIe) slot. It enables you to interact with serial devices, such as card readers, printers, PIN pads, and modems, at speeds of up to 921.4Kbps.
With broad OS support, including for Windows and Linux, this PCI Express card is easy to integrate into mixed environments. The card comes pre-configured with a low-profile bracket, and includes an optional full-profile bracket, so installation is easy regardless of the case form factor.
Experience Optimal Technology
This PCIe to serial adapter supports the following features:
- Compatible with industry standard 16950 UART
- Supports max baud rate of up-to 921.4Kbps
- Provides 5/12V power output on Pin 9 when external power is connected
- 256-byte depth FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Supports 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 data bits
- Asix AX99100 chipset
- PCI Express 1.1 compliant
PEX2S953LP is backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Install in home or office workstations
- Connect in retail POS applications
- Connect to automated self-service kiosks or ATM machines
- Interact with RS232 serial devices like card readers or printers
- Add RS232 DB9 capabilities without purchasing a new server or computer
- PCI Express 1.1 compliant, ensuring a reliable performance
- Maximize case form factor integration with a low-profile or full profile bracket
- High-speed data transfer rates of up to 921.4Kbps
- Supports 256-byte depth FIFO per transmitter and receiver