LG monitors are available with a wide range of features too, so if you have a specific use case in mind, then it’s likely there will be a suitable model amongst our range here at CCL.
When you buy an LG monitor from CCL, you not only benefit from some of the best possible prices on the web, but many of our LG monitors come with free next day delivery. We also make it easy to spread the cost of your new LG monitor with Klarna.
Guide to buying the best LG monitor
Once you start exploring the world of monitors, you’ll quickly realise that there are a huge amount of things to think about.
Whether it’s deciding upon monitor size or figuring out which resolution is best for your purposes, it can be difficult to know where to start.
That’s where the CCL team comes in! Our experts have provided some of their top tips below. These are the things you should give some thought to in order to buy the best LG monitor for you.
Is LG a good monitor brand?
The first thing you’ll realise when shopping for a new monitor is the variety of different brands available.
Which begs the question; is LG a good monitor brand?
The answer is most definitely yes.
LG, or as it was previously known, Lucky Goldstar, has been in business since the late 1950s, when the company produced South Korea’s first radio. Since then the brand has continually innovated, introducing a wide array of novel and innovative televisions and monitors.
LG’s range of monitors is now among the best in the computer industry, with many gamers and content creators making the brand their first choice when it comes to monitors.
So, if you’re looking for a new monitor, you can’t do much better than an LG monitor!
How much should you pay for a new LG monitor?
Unlike some monitor brands, LG truly does produce monitors to cater to all price points.
If you’re on a tight budget, then it’s possible to buy an LG monitor for as little as £100.
At the other end of the spectrum, if you’re willing to spend money on the best possible monitor, then you can pick up large, super high resolution LG monitors for £1,000+.
Ultimately, how much you should pay for an LG monitor will depend on what you’ll be using it for and the features you want it to include.
LG monitors for gaming
If you’re going to be using your new LG monitor predominantly for gaming, then we’d recommend that you pay attention to the follow things:
- Response time - you want your monitor to have a response time of less than 1ms.
- Refresh rate - for the best gaming experience, select an LG monitor with at least a 144Hz refresh rate.
- Resolution - the higher the resolution of your chosen monitor, the better your games will look. The majority of gamers run 1440p monitors at present, but 4K gaming is becoming more popular.
- FreeSync/G-Sync - if your PC has an AMD graphics card then look for monitors with FreeSync. Likewise, if your PC has an NVIDIA graphics card then look for monitors with G-Sync. These technologies help to create a much smoother, silkier visual experience in games.
LG monitors for home computing
Should you need a monitor for basic home computing such as browsing the internet, working on documents and spreadsheets and sending emails, then you’ll want to check the following factors:
- Screen size - we’d recommend buying as big a monitor as you have space for (and can afford). Remember, there’s no such thing as too much display. You’ll regret it if you end up with a monitor that’s too small.
- Resolution - if you really want to enjoy watching media and browsing the internet at home, then we’d suggest buying a monitor with the highest resolution you can afford. A 4K display will always look better than a HD one. A higher resolution will be more future proof too.
- Input connection - make sure that the monitor you choose supports the same type of input connection as your PC. On most modern PCs and monitors this will be HDMI, but you should always double check as there are several types of input connection e.g. DisplayPort, VGA, Thunderbolt, USB-C.
LG monitors for offices and workplaces
When it comes to buying monitors for an office or workplace, there are a number of different factors you need to take into consideration. These factors include:
- Single or dual monitor - many office workers have become used to working across two screens. If that’s the case in your workplace, then you’ll need to make sure you buy monitors of the right size and dimension to fit on the available desk space. If your staff prefer to work on a single widescreen monitor, then consider buying LG’s monitors which have a very wide 21:9 aspect ratio.
- Built-in speakers - these days video calls have become ubiquitous, so it’s probably worthwhile selecting LG monitors which feature built-in speakers and which can also be easily connected to webcams.
- Built-in USB hub - should your workers have multiple peripherals that they use on a daily basis such as keyboards, mice, webcams and headsets, it’s worth selecting an LG monitor which features a built-in USB hub. This will allow you to connect multiple peripherals and charge and use them via the monitor.
- Mounting and adjustment - many offices are now subject to stringent health and safety regulations pertaining to how a person sits and works at their computer. As such, you may want to buy an LG monitor which is height adjustable, or has a VESA mount for fixing to an adjustable arm.
Can you buy discount LG monitors?
Whilst we apply discounts to many of our LG monitors automatically, we do occasionally have clearance LG monitors available.
Our clearance LG monitors are generally models that are either ‘end of line’ - which means they are as new and in perfect condition - or they will be returned, which means they will have been thoroughly tested and inspected.
Clearance - view all of our current clearance monitors here.
Where to buy LG monitors UK
If you’re set on buying an LG monitor, we don’t blame you! They’re great quality and available at a variety of price points.
But, where’s the best place to buy an LG monitor in the UK?
At CCL of course!
Not only do we apply significant discounts to our range of new LG monitors, but we also offer free next day delivery on many models.
If that’s not enough, we can also help you to spread the cost of your new monitor via Klarna, which allows you to complete your purchase over three easy payments.
Finally, we also provide excellent pre-purchase support. So, if you have any questions that you’d like answering prior to making a purchase, simply speak to our friendly, expert team.
You can reach the CCL team on 01274 471200 or at email@example.com.
BACK TO TOP ^^