The Seagate® Exos™ 7E2000 enterprise hard drives can store large amounts of data without using a ton of system space — up to 2,000 GB in a compact 2.5-inch form factor. Exos 7E2000 provides the density, low power consumption and data integrity needed in traditional data centres and the cloud.
Trusted Bulk Data Storage in a Small Data Centre Footprint
Exos 7E2000 drives optimise your data centre footprint in a proven 2.5-inch form factor for infrastructures requiring highly reliable access to bulk data. Conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology helps Exos 7E2000 catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability and ironclad security for demanding 24×7 operations. A 2M-hr. MTBF rating with supported workloads of 550 TB/year, dense data storage and low power consumption help you meet your storage SLAs while lowering TCO.
Significant Hard Drive Power Savings
Exos 7E2000 drives ensure data confidence with a reliable, low-power platform for efficient bulk storage operations, even in harsh data centre environments. Exos 7E2000 helps reduce per-gigabyte cooling and energy costs by packing high capacities into an SFF, lowpower consumption drive. Included PowerChoice™ technology empowers IT organisations to tailor systems for optimal performance and power consumption, resulting in power savings of up to 35% over traditional 3.5-inch drives, and potentially operating as low as 1.1 watts when idle.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Exos 7E2000 security features help protect data where it lives — on the drive. Exos 7E2000 drives help prevent unauthorised access and safeguard stored data with security levels that include Secure Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS tamper-resistant hard drive. Seagate Secure™ drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest, and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
- Securely access high integrity data with 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interfaces
- Up to 50% improvement in watts/TB and up to 18% sequential performance improvement
- Maximum system availability backed by a 2M-hr MTBF
- Advanced Write Cache translates into the industry's best response times and the fastest data transfers
- Seagate Secure™ capabilities ensure authentic and trusted products from a secure supply chain, available with hardware-based encryption (SED), Instant Secure Erase (ISE), TAA compliance and FIPS 140-2
- Seagate Enterprise Capacity 2.5 inch Hard Drive (5xx Emulation)
- 1TB Capacity
- 12Gb/s SAS Interface
- 7200-RPM spin speed
- 128MB cache buffer
- Dual Interface Ports
- PowerChoice on-demand power option
- Self Encrypting Drive (SED) model
- Protection Information included
- 15mm z-height, 2.5-inch form factor for space constrained data centres
- Third-generation, enterprise-class reliability for 24x7 environmental robustness
- Improved rotational vibration tolerance and head micro-actuation maximizes system availability and performance
- Lowest enterprise operating power and enhanced PowerChoice options for additional power savings during idle periods