ROG Strix B550 Gaming series motherboards offer a feature-set usually found in the higher-end ROG Strix X570 Gaming series, including the latest PCIe® 4.0. With robust power delivery and effective cooling, ROG Strix B550 Gaming is well-equipped to handle 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPUs. Boasting futuristic aesthetics and intuitive ROG software, ROG Strix B550-I Gaming is ready to your next compact gaming build.
Advance Your Gaming Immersion
ROG Strix B550-I Gaming is PCIe® 4.0-ready and provides the latest connectivity options for supersmooth networking and blisteringly fast file transfers. Audio enhancements give you a massive advantage, allowing you to pick up on the subtlest of cues for a completely immersive gaming experience.
ROG Strix B550-I Gaming has two M.2 slots, ROG Strix B550-I Gaming features two M.2 slots, one of which supports the latest PCIe 4.0 standard to provide maximum storage flexibility and the fastest data speeds available via the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen platform. Both M.2 slots support up to the type 2280 socket and NVM Express® RAID for a performance boost.
WiFi 6 (802.11 ax)
Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) supports ultrafast wireless-networking speeds, improved capacity and better performance in dense wireless environments, providing exceptional online gaming experiences. Pair your motherboard with ASUS WiFi 6 routers to fully experience the networking potential of WiFi 6. Find out more about ASUS WiFi 6 solutions.
Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet
Onboard 2.5 Gb Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with speeds that are 2.5 times faster than standard Ethernet connections for speedy file transfers, lag-free gaming, and high-res video streaming.
Built-in ROG SupremeFX audio technology ensures pristine audio for ROG Strix B550-I Gaming. Along with ensuring a flat frequency response for a neutral, detailed sound signature, it offers two front-panel outputs driven by op amps that deliver high-quality audio to gaming headsets.
- Audio cover - Effective shielding against electromagnetic interference preserves the integrity of audio signals for the best sound quality.
- Audio-line shielding - Blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide cleaner audio.
- Dual OP amplifiers - With two op-amps onboard you're able to pump exceptional audio to your favorite cans, with 32-600Ω-headphone impedance for great flexibility.
- Premium Nichicon™ audio capacitors - Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Audio USB Type-C®
A dedicated Audio USB Type-C® port on Strix B550-I Gaming has an S210 integrated chip that automatically determines audio signal type, while a bundled USB Type-C-to-3.5 mm adapter ensures compatibility with various headsets and headphones.
- S210: An S210 control chip automatically detects the type of connected device so the port can be used for both Type-C audio devices and standard USB connectivity as needed.
- Power Noise-filter Circuit: A dedicated power noise-filter circuit helps reduce power-input noise, ensuring consistently quiet performance from any audio source.
- USB Type-C-to-3.5mm Jack Adapter Cable: The bundled USB Type-C-to-3.5 mm jack adapter makes it easy to connect audio devices with a 4-position microphone/audio jack.
AI Noise-Cancelling microphone
AI noise-canceling microphone software is exclusively featured on ROG Strix motherboards and supports 3.5 mm, USB, or Bluetooth headsets. The utility leverages a massive deep-learning database to preserve the sound of your voice while eliminating distracting keyboard clatter, mouse clicks, and other forms of environmental noise. And it only places a slight load on the CPU, ensuring minimal impact on gaming performance.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process audio that’s true to life.
- SONIC STUDIO LINK - The new Sonic Studio Link allows you to apply Sonic Studio effects on all playback devices. Simply press the Sonic Studio Link button to enjoy the effect on any connected device.
- SONIC STUDIO VIRTUAL MIXER - Mix your voice and video game audio together using this software specifically designed for streaming applications. A variety of settings and monitoring
- APP-SPECIFIC PROFILES - Apply customized audio settings to various applications, so that each is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen. Tools give you full control over your audio mix.
DTS: Sound Unbound
ROG Strix B550 series motherboards are pre-loaded with the DTS® Sound Unbound™ app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By leveraging Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment. ?
* DTS Sound Unbound requires in-game support. Check with developers for supported titles.?
- STEREO SOUND - Discrete left and right audio channels enable headphone or two-speaker setup.
- SURROUND SOUND - Audio is split and served over multiple speaker channels – e.g., 5.1 or 7.1 – to create an enveloping experience on a single, logical plane.?
- SPATIAL SOUND - A virtual audio ‘sphere’ effect creates astonishing 360° immersion — with you at the center, where sounds seem to travel in all directions.
ROG Strix B550-I Gaming provides robust power delivery to fuel Ryzen’s cores, comprehensive cooling, and support for faster memory — so it has everything you need to load up your build with high-performance components for playing in the big leagues.
- POWER DESIGN - Digital power control and an array of power stages ensure Strix B550-I Gaming has the muscle to control the latest AMD CPUs.
- PROCOOL II POWER CONNECTOR - The ProCool II socket is built to exacting specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines, enabling lower impedance and better heat dissipation.
- DIGI+ POWER CONTROL - ASUS DIGI+ Power Control is an innovative set of controllers for digital VRM and DRAM Voltage. These controllers offer ultra-precise memory and voltage tuning for optimal system efficiency, stability and performance.
- TEAMED POWER STAGES - 8+2 power stages combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that the latest AMD CPUs demand.
- ALLOY CHOKE & CAPACITOR - Superior chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures and provide up to 110% better performance than the industry standard.
ROG Strix B550 series features the most comprehensive cooling options ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- CPU Fan Header - A dedicated pair of PWM/DC fan headers for CPU coolers
- AIO Pump Fan Header - A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups
- 4-pin PWM/DC Fan Header - All onboard headers support auto-detection of PWM or DC fans
- Thermal Pad - High-quality thermal pad helps transfer heat from inductor and phase array to heatsink
- Active VRM Heatsink - A VRM heatsink provides a large contact area for the MOSFETs and chokes, and an integrated fan enables more efficient cooling for better performance and wattage resistance.
- 8-Layer low-loss PCB - The 8-layer PCB quickly dissipates heat around the VRM, improving overall system stability and giving the CPU more overclocking headroom.
- M.2 Heatsink - The M.2 heatsink keeps the M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
ASUS OptiMem II
ASUS OptiMem II memory trace layout unleashes the full performance potential of AMD's Infinity Fabric architecture by enabling higher memory frequencies and lower latencies.
ASUS OptiMem II benefits:
- Improved memory stability and compatibility
- Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages
- Improved memory frequency margin
Tested with Synopsys HSPICE simulation software
Play Your Own Style
The cyberpunk-inspired aesthetics of ROG Strix B550-I Gaming are accentuated by the bold slashes and cybertext. By pairing your rig with other products from the diverse ROG ecosystem, you can create a fully customized gaming setup that reflects your personal style.
UNDENIABLY ROG STRIX
ROG Strix B550-I Gaming embodies the ROG spirit with eye-catching aesthetics, including the next-generation distorted ROG eye logo and recessed cybertext patterning etched on the I/O shroud. These new designs move ROG Strix boldly into the future, while clearly reflecting the series' gaming roots.
OUTSHINE THE COMPETITION
ROG Strix motherboards deliver sterling performance and superior aesthetics to outshine the competition. They also feature built-in ASUS Aura technology that enables full RGB lighting control and a variety of presets for embedded RGB LEDs as well as lighting strips connected to onboard RGB headers. In addition, all lighting can be easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
ADDRESSABLE GEN 2 RGB HEADER
ROG Strix B550-I Gaming’s Addressable Gen 2 RGB headers are now capable of detecting the number of LEDs on second-gen addressable RGB devices, allowing the software to automatically tailor lighting effects to specific devices. The new headers also offer backward-compatibility with existing Aura RGB gear.
Front-panel header allows customization of the front-panel chassis reset button, providing options for quick access to Aura lighting controls, DirectKey, or system reset
Users can place a BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB drive and simply plug it into the USB BIOS FlashBack™ port and press a button to update the (UEFI) BIOS. Updates can be made even if memory or CPU aren’t present.
ROG Strix motherboards undergo an extensive certification program to ensure the very best compatibility with the widest range of components and devices. For a smooth build process, refer to our list of guaranteed-compatible components. To help with memory upgrades, the list also includes a dedicated Qualified Vendor list (QVL).
The ROG Strix Ecosystem Awaits
Up your game with ROG Strix. Enjoy complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility across AIO coolers, cases, peripherals, and much more! ROG offers more choices than any other brand.
ROG Gives You More
OG-exclusive software utilities deliver intuitive audio tuning and gaming enhancements that allow you to configure your gaming build the way you want.
Take care of complex tuning with just one click. ASUS 5-Way Optimization is a system-wide tuning utility that overclocks the processor and tunes fan speeds to ensure the best balance between cooling and acoustics. The automated CPU tuning feature of 5-Way Optimization leverages the same onboard intelligence as AI Overclocking, but goes further by running a Prime95-based stress test that continually monitors the system.
- TPU insight - The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) provides AI Suite 3 with the intelligence needed to automatically fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking settings. AI Suite 3 also provides AI Overclocking prediction values for users who want more insight when experimenting with different settings.
- EPU guidance - The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
- Fan Xpert 4 - Fan Expert 4 provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers. Control is also possible via the award-winning ROG UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
- DIGI+ power controls - The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, allowing you to switch frequency and power-efficiency settings so you can fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
- Turbo App - This intuitive tool allows you to define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data and optimize audio settings at app level ? so your system is perfectly optimized for whatever you're doing.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
When you're ready for a deeper dive into the configuration of your system, delve into the UEFI's Advanced mode and take complete control. Each section is intuitively organized, and a built-in search feature makes it easy to find the options you need. Advanced functions are coded with the intelligence to adapt to your settings, and when you're ready to take charge, parameters have the granularity to dial in performance just the way you want.
- My Favorites - Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
- EZ Flash 3 - Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS.
- S.M.A.R.T - Check your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and to identify potential failures.
- GPU POST - Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
- Secure Erase - Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
- Last Modified Log - Track the latest changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
- SATA Port Renaming - Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
- Search Function - Quickly and easily find the option or setting you're looking for.
- ASUS User Profile - Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
- Q-Fan Control - Configure the fan's operating speed manually or use pre-configured fan profiles to quickly select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes. By default, system fans will automatically switch to full speed if the temperature reaches 75°C.
Designed to simplify setup, EZ mode presents all the vital settings and stats on a single page. With guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings, your rig will be up and running in no time.
- Intuitive graphical fan controls - Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
- SATA Information - Easily display SATA port details for device identification.
- Fast and easy clock adjustment - Use the mouse to quickly change time and date settings.
The proprietary ROG GameFirst VI utility is designed to help all users — beginners, experts, and everyone in between — optimize network settings to ensure smooth online gameplay. New to this generation, GameFirst VI features AI-enhanced identification and boost technology to ensure faster and smarter network optimization.
HOW IT WORKS
- Identification - GameFirst VI analyzes your usage patterns and the digital signatures of your applications and compares them to a database of over 200,000 apps. The database is regularly updated to ensure that apps are recognized.
- Boost - GameFirst VI intelligently switches application priority and adjusts bandwidth accordingly, depending on the situation. When gaming, it accelerates and prioritizes game packets to give you supersmooth online gameplay — even when you're streaming high-quality video to your audience or transferring large files.
- Visualization - An intuitive graph gives you an overview of the network in real time. Simply click on the tab to view current bandwidth usage of each application, geolocation status of each network connection, and an analysis of each WiFi channel.
WHAT IT DOES
- NETWORK INSIGHT - WiFi Quick Assist analyzes network information — including real-time bandwidth use — to generate a graph that provides a clear overview of current network status. When paired with a ROG router, WiFi Quick Assist lets you quickly scan your WiFi network to find the best channel; then you can use Game Boost to prioritize gaming devices and packets.
- ADAPTIVE INTELLIGENCE - GameFirst VI analyzes current app usage and adjusts bandwidth accordingly to ensure smoother online experiences, even when multitasking.
- GAMING FIRST MODE - Gaming First mode leverages a massive application database and an analysis of your frequently used apps to prioritize gaming network traffic. This reduces jitter and decreases ping to give you lag-free online gaming.
Armoury Crate is a new software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported gaming products, making it easy to tune the look and feel of your system. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate lets you easily customize RGB lighting and effects for compatible devices and synchronize them with Aura Sync to create a unified lighting scheme across your system. You can also use Armoury Crate to download the user manual, drivers and software. In addition, Armoury Crate features a dedicated product registration page as well as a news feed to help you stay in touch with the gaming community.
*Windows 10 required for full Aura Sync functionality within Armoury Crate. For Windows 8 and earlier versions, standalone Aura Sync software is available for free download from the product support site.
- Aura Sync
- Device configuration
- Driver & manual download
- Gaming highlights
- Account management
RAMCache lll software turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express® storage options, its uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
- The intuitive interface displays real-time drive information, such as current read/write speeds.
- A memory check provides a quick overview of the health status of assigned memory.
- A Smart mode automatically caches all storage devices to maximize system resources.