Trusted Bulk Data Storage in a Small Data Centre Footprint
Exos 7E2000 drives optimise your data centre footprint in a proven 2.5-inch form factor for infrastructures requiring highly reliable access to bulk data. Conventional magnetic recording (CMR) technology helps Exos 7E2000 catalyse the datasphere, enabling data centre architects and IT professionals to deliver trusted performance, rock-solid reliability and ironclad security for demanding 24×7 operations. A 2M-hr. MTBF rating with supported workloads of 550 TB/year, dense data storage and low power consumption help you meet your storage SLAs while lowering TCO.
Significant Hard Drive Power Savings
Exos 7E2000 drives ensure data confidence with a reliable, low-power platform for efficient bulk storage operations, even in harsh data centre environments. Exos 7E2000 helps reduce per-gigabyte cooling and energy costs by packing high capacities into an SFF, lowpower consumption drive. Included PowerChoice™ technology empowers IT organisations to tailor systems for optimal performance and power consumption, resulting in power savings of up to 35% over traditional 3.5-inch drives, and potentially operating as low as 1.1 watts when idle.
Enhanced Enterprise Reliability, Data Protection and Security
Exos 7E2000 security features help protect data where it lives — on the drive. Exos 7E2000 drives help prevent unauthorised access and safeguard stored data with security levels that include Secure Downloads & Diagnostics, TCG-compliant Self-Encrypting Drive and government-grade FIPS tamper-resistant hard drive.1 Seagate Secure™ drives simplify drive repurposing and disposal, help protect data-at-rest, and comply with corporate and federal data security mandates.
1 Self-Encrypting Drives (SED) and FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. Instant Secure Erase (ISE) functionality meets the ISO/IEC 27040 and NIST 800-88 guidelines for complete and authoritative drive sanitization.
- 2TB capacity in 15mm z-height, 2.5-inch form factor for spaceconstrained data centers
- Designed for high-density storage solutions requiring environmentally sound low power consumption and low weight for maximum storage efficiency
- SATA 6Gb/s for economical nearline performance.
- Third-generation, enterprise-class reliability for 24ž7 environmental robustness
- Highest efficiency with over 50% improvement in watts/TB, and 18% sequential performance improvement compared to the previous generation
- Improved rotational vibration tolerance and head micro-actuation maximizes system availability and performance.
- Lowest enterprise operating power and enhanced PowerChoiceT options for additional power savings during idle periods
- Protect data where it lives-on the drive-by choosing from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase technology for easy and cost-effective drive disposal.