The NH-U9S chromax.black is an all-black version of Noctua’s award-winning NH-U9S premium-quality quiet CPU cooler. Thanks to the same proven compact 92mm tower heatsink design and NF-A9 PWM fan, it stays true to the NH-U9S’s successful formula of fusing strong cooling performance with excellent quietness of operation and outstanding RAM, case and PCIe compatibility. At the same time, the chromax.black version with its black fan and black coated heatsink combines these assets with a sleek stealth look. Topped off with the renowned SecuFirm2™ multi-socket mounting system, Noctua’s enthusiast-grade NT-H1 thermal compound and a full 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, the NH-U9S chromax.black is a premium choice for customers who seek a compact, highly compatible 92mm heatsink that looks just as great as it cools.
*Some AMD mainboards violate the 96x114mm keep-out zone specified by AMD, so the NH-U9S can only be used with RAM modules of up to 30mm height on these boards. Please consult our compatibility list for details.
- Award-winning NH-U series - The NH-U9S stems from Noctua's award-winning NH-U9 series. First introduced in 2005, the NH-U series has become a standard choice for premium quality quiet CPU coolers and won more than 800 awards and recommendations from leading international hardware websites and magazines.
- chromax.black design - The NH-U9S chromax.black is black from head to toe: Featuring a black coated heatsink, a black fan with black anti-vibration pads, black fan clips and black mounting parts, it is right at home in all-black builds and easy to integrate with other colour schemes.
- Colour-customisable - Using the optional NA-SAVP5 anti-vibration pads (available in black, blue, green, red, yellow, white), the NH-U9S chromax.black can be fully customised to fit popular build colour schemes such as black and red or black and white.
- 100% RAM compatibility - With its 95x95mm footprint, the NH-U9S does not overhang the RAM slots on current Intel and most AMD mainboards. This gives the user full access to the memory modules and guarantees 100% compatibility with tall heatspreaders or optional memory fans.*
- 100% compatibility with PCIe cards on mini-ITX - Many Intel LGA115x based mini-ITX motherboards have the PCIe slot sitting right next to the 95x95mm socket zone. While larger coolers that exceed this zone are likely to block the PCIe slot, the 95x95xmm sized NH-U9S provides full compatibility with PCIe cards, be it on ATX, microATX or ITX.
- NF-A9 premium fan - The highly optimised features Noctua's proprietary AAO frame as well as sophisticated aerodynamic design measures such as Flow Acceleration Channels, which allows it to further improve the renowned efficiency of Noctua's previous 92mm models and contributes to the NH-U9S' superior cooling performance.
- Dual fan ready - The NH-U9S includes an extra set of fan mounting clips for users who want to achieve even better cooling performance by adding a second, optional NF-A9 PWM fan in order to create a push/pull setup. Using the y-cable supplied with the NF-A9 PWM retail fan, both fans can be connected to one CPU fan header.
- SecuFirm2 mounting system - Noctua's SecuFirm2 mounting systems have become synonymous with quality, safety and ease of use. Supporting Intel LGA1700 (since 2021), LGA1200, LGA115x (LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156), LGA2011 (LGA2011-0 & LGA2011-3), LGA2066 and AMD (AM4 (since 2019), AM3(+), AM2(+), FM1, FM2(+)), the SecuFirm2 mounting included with the NH-U9S guarantees perfect contact pressure and maximum convenience on all current sockets.
- Compatibility with past and future sockets - Complying with the open SecuFirm standard, the NH-U9S can be made compatible with the older LGA1366 and LGA775 sockets using the optional NM-I3 mounting kit, which is provided by Noctua free of charge. If technically possible, Noctua will also provide upgrade kits for future sockets.
- NT-H1 thermal compound - Having received more than 100 awards and recommendations from hardware journalists around the world, Noctua's NT-H1 is a proven professional grade TIM solution that provides minimum thermal resistance, excellent ease of use and outstanding reliability.
- Soldered interface between heatpipes and fins - With many heatsinks, the fins are press-fitted to the heatpipes. Due to the different thermal expansion coefficients of copper and aluminium, this fit can loosen over years of thermal cycling, which may lead to reduced performance. By contrast, the NH-U9S's fins are soldered to the heatpipes in order to guarantee a superior thermal interface that doesn't deteriorate even after many years of usage.
- 6-year manufacturer's warranty - Noctua products are renowned for their impeccable quality and outstanding longevity. Like all Noctua fans, the supplied NF-A9 features an MTTF rating of more than 150.000 hours and the entire NH-U9S package comes with a full 6-year manufacturer's warranty.