Conceived for industrial heavy duty applications that require enhanced cooling performance and advanced ingress protection, the NF-A14 industrialPPC (Protected Performance Cooling) is a ruggedised high-speed version of the award-winning retail model. Thanks to the outstanding aerodynamic efficiency of the NF-A14 design and the use of a novel three-phase motor, the industrialPPC version provides superior airflow and pressure capacity while keeping noise levels and power consumption moderate as against comparable high-speed fans. While its fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction and certified water and dust protection make the NF-A14 industrialPPC suitable for operation in challenging environments, the renowned SSO2 bearing technology guarantees an MTBF of over 150.000hrs. Topped off with Noctua’s trusted reliability and 6 years manufacturer’s warranty, the NF-A14 industrialPPC is an ideal choice for highly demanding applications that require superior flow rates and ultimate dependability.
- Award-winning NF-A14 design - Having received more than 100 awards and recommendations from the international press, Noctua's NF-A14 has become a proven premium choice for 140mm cooling needs. Its renowned efficiency has convinced tens of thousands of customers all over the world.
- 2000rpm industrialPPC version - Thanks to its elevated 2000rpm top speed, the NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 provides a significant performance boost over the 1500rpm retail version. Combined with the industrialPPC series' robust polyamide construction and advanced protection features, this makes the fan ideal for challenging industrial applications.
- Three-phase motor design - While most axial fans use single-phase motors with 4 slots, Noctua's industrialPPC fans feature a three-phase design with 6 slots, which provides smoother transitions between the slots and thus allows for even higher running smoothness, further reduced vibrations and unprecedented energy efficiency.
- Class-leading energy efficiency - While the standard NF-A14 is one of the most energy efficient 1500rpm 140mm fans on the market, the industrialPPC version's three-phase motor provides a further 10% reduction in power consumption when compared at 2000rpm.
- Fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction - Both the impeller and the frame of Noctua's industrialPPC fans are made entirely from fibre-glass reinforced polyamide. This material can withstand temperatures up to 140øC and makes the fans even more robust and break-proof than Noctua's standard fibre-glass reinforced PBT fans.
- Certified IP67 water- and dust protection - The motor and PCB of the IP67 version are completely cast in a special, highly heat conductive resin that combines thoroughgoing protection and effective motor heat dissipation. Complying with the ingress protection rating IP67, this fan is not only fully dust tight but also completely waterproof up to 1m water depth.
- Flow Acceleration Channels - The NF-A14 impeller features suction side Flow Acceleration Channels. By speeding up the airflow at the crucial outer blade regions, this measure reduces suction side flow separation and thus leads to better efficiency and lower vortex noise.
- AAO Frame - Noctua's AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) frames feature integrated anti-vibration pads as well as Noctua's proprietary Stepped Inlet Design and Inner Surface Microstructures, both of which further refine the fan's performance/noise efficiency.
- Stepped Inlet Design - Noctua's Stepped Inlet Design adds turbulence to the influx in order to facilitate the transition from laminar flow to turbulent flow, which reduces tonal intake noise, improves flow attachment and increases suction capacity, especially in space-restricted environments.
- Inner Surface Microstructures - With the tips of the fan blades ploughing through the boundary layer created by the Inner Surface Microstructures, flow separation from the suction side of the blades is significantly suppressed, which results in reduced blade passing noise and improved airflow and pressure efficiency.
- Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads - Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads made from extra-soft silicone minimise the transmission of minute vibrations while maintaining full compatibility with all standard screws and other mounting systems.
- SSO2 Bearing - The NF-A14 industrialPPC features the further optimised second generation of Noctua's renowned, time-tested SSO bearing. With SSO2, the rear magnet is placed closer to the axis to provide even better stabilisation, precision and durability.
- Metal bearing shell - In order to guarantee the highest possible degree of manufacturing precision, minimum tolerance and excellent long-term stability, the NF-A14 industrialPPC sports a CNC milled bearing shell made entirely from brass.
- Custom-designed PWM IC with SCD - Supporting fully automatic PWM speed control, the NF-A14 industrialPPC uses Noctua's custom-designed NE-FD2 PWM IC for three-phase motors. The NE-FD2 integrates Noctua's proprietary Smooth Commutation Drive (SCD) technology, which suppresses PWM switching noises and thus makes the fan quieter at lower speeds.
- 6-year manufacturer's warranty - Noctua fans are renowned for their impeccable quality and outstanding longevity. Like all Noctua fans, the NF-A14 industrialPPC features an MTTF rating of more than 150.000 hours and comes with a full 6-year manufacturer's warranty.