DeckLink Quad 2 features 8 independent SDI capture and playback channels in a single card! Fully compatible with the previous 4 channel model, this new model also allows 4 independent capture and playback channels but now also includes 4 extra channels that developers can use for configuring the card in any combination of up to 8 capture or 8 playback channels. This means DeckLink Quad 2 allows each of the 8 3G-SDI connectors to switch direction between capture or playback in SD and HD up to 1080p60 and as a complete independent channel.
- SDI Video Inputs - 8 x bi-directional 12-bit SD/HD independently configurable as either Input or Output.
- SDI Video Outputs - 8 x bi-directional 12-bit SD/HD independently configurable as either Output or Input.
- SDI Audio Inputs - 16 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- SDI Audio Outputs - 16 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Sync Input - Tri-Sync or Black Burst.
- Computer Interface - PCI Express 8 lane generation 2, compatible with 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots.
AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, DNxHR & DNxHD, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes LT, Apple ProRes 422 Proxy, Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:4:4.
Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS and Windows. Media Express, Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
Internal Software Upgrade
Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
PCI Express 8 lane generation 2, compatible with 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS, Windows and Linux. Mac OS systems require a Mac Pro computer with PCI Express slots. Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements.
Other supported applications
The Foundry Nuke, Grass Valley Edius, Sony Catalyst Production Suite, Tools On Air Just: Play & Live & In, Softron MovieRecorder & MReplay, Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, Telestream Wirecast, Livestream Producer, Resolume Arena, Magix Vegas Pro & Movie Edit Pro Premium, Corel VideoStudio Pro, CyberLink PowerDirector, Vidblaster X & Studio & Broadcast, Uniplay One & CG, CasparCG Server, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Imagine Communications Velocity & InfoCaster, DevTek Easy Media Suite, Metus Ingest, Boinx Software MimoLive, Cinegy Capture Pro, vMix Live, Renewed Vision ProPresenter, Ventuz Director, Class X Liveboard & Coral CG, Glookast Capturer, Open Broadcaster Software Studio, Nautilus NEMO3D, Burst Video WebClip2Go & [REC]Marker, Autodesk Flame, Zoom.
These are third party applications and support may vary, check with your software vendor.
- SD Video Standards - 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards - 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60
- SDI Compliance - SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 425M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- SDI Metadata Support - RP 188/SMPTE 12M-2 and closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling - Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision - 8, 10, 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 in all modes up to 1080p30 and 8, 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 in all modes. 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 only supported in playback.
- SDI Video Sampling - 8, 10, 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 in all modes up to 1080p30 and 8, 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 in all modes. 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 only supported in playback.
- Color Space - REC 601, REC 709, REC 2020.
- HDR Support - HDR static metadata packing, HLG and PQ transfer characteristics.
- Colorspace Conversion - Hardware based real time.
- HD Down Conversion - Built in, high quality software down converter on playback and capture. Down converted SD selectable between letterbox and anamorphic 16:9 styles.
- HD Up Conversion - Built in, high quality software up conversion from SD to 720HD or 1080HD on capture. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox, 14:9 zoom and 16:9 zoom.
- Cross Conversion - Built in, high quality hardware cross conversion from 720HD to 1080HD on playback, 1080HD to 720HD on playback.
- Real Time Effects - DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro X internal effects. Adobe Premiere Pro CC Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer internal effects.