Succeeding the vastly successful NF-S12, the NF-S12B is a next generation quiet fan featuring Noctua's advanced SCD2 technology as well as a highly optimised blade geometry with Bevelled Blade Tips that improves its award-winning predecessor's airflow efficiency by up to 10%. Topped off with Noctua's time-tested SSO-Bearing, 6 years warranty and super-slow 700/500 rpm speed settings, the NF-S12B ULN is a premium quality fan for ultra-low-noise applications where maximum quietness has top priority.
Highly optimised impeller with Bevelled Blade Tips
Thanks to its further refined blade geometry with extended leading edges and Bevelled Blade Tips, the NF-S12B achieves up to 10% more airflow and static pressure than its much acclaimed predecessor at the same noise level. button
2 speed settings for maximum quietness
Providing 700 and 500 rpm speed settings via the supplied adapter, the ULN (Ultra-Low-Noise) version is tailor made for serious silent enthusiasts who demand super-slow running speeds and utmost quietness of operation.
Smooth Commutation Drive 2
The latest version of Noctua’s advanced SCD drive system ensures superb running smoothness by eliminating torque variations and switching noises. button
Noctua’s time-tested SSO-Bearing technology has become synonymous with supremely quiet operation and exceptional long-term stability.
NF-S12B & NF-P12: Technical Backgrounds
In the design and development of axial fans, the three aerodynamic key parameters of airflow, pressure and noise play a major role. Usually, the goal is to achieve the amount of airflow and static pressure required by a specific application at the lowest possible noise emission. The design should hence provide the optimal balance of airflow, pressure and noise for a given application.
However, even in the field of PC cooling, each application has different requirements: Whereas CPU coolers with tighter fin-spacing require high static pressure, it's mostly the airflow to noise ratio that counts when it comes to case fans.
Common fans are usually designed to be all-round solutions with compromises in certain areas in order to achieve solid results in all typical applications.
Noctua, on the other hand, is following a two-fold approach with its S12 and P12 fan series in order to achieve optimal results at various applications: While the NF-S12B was optimized so as to provide a class-leading airflow to noise ratio and therefore makes for an excellent case fan, the NF-P12 was designed to produce high airflow and an outstanding amount of static pressure, which makes it perfect for use on CPU coolers and other high-impedance applications.
The NF-S12B is recommended for the following applications:
- Case ventilation (with the exception of very restrictive fan grills, filters or significant obstruction to airflow)
- CPU coolers with wide fin-spacing
- Water-cooling radiators with wide fin-spacing
- All applications where minimum noise emission has first priority
The NF-P12 is recommended for the following applications:
- CPU coolers with tight fin-spacing
- Water-cooling radiators with tight fin-spacing
- Power supplies
- Storage solutions
- Cases with very restrictive fan grills and filters
- All applications with significant obstruction to airflow
- Size: 120x120x25 mm
- Bearing: SSO-Bearing
- Blade Geometry: NF-S12B Blade Design with BBT
- Rotational Speed (+/- 10%): 700 RPM
- Rotational Speed with U.L.N.A. (+/- 10%): 500 RPM
- Airflow: 33.5 CFM
- Airflow with U.L.N.A.: 22.5 CFM
- Acoustical Noise: 6,8 dB(A)
- Acoustical Noise with U.L.N.A.: 5 dB(A)
- Static Pressure: 0,44 mm H2O
- Static Pressure with U.L.N.A.: 0,23 mm H2O
- Input Power: 0,6 W
- Input Current: 0,05 A
- Voltage Range: 12 V
- MTBF: > 150.000 h
- Warranty: 6 years
- Scope of Delivery:
- Ultra-Low-Noise Adaptor (U.L.N.A.)
- 4 Vibration Compensators
- 3:4-Pin Adaptor
- 4 Fan Screws