This Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.1 controller adapter offers twice the performance of a traditional 4-port USB 3.1 hub, enabling you to connect a wide range of devices to your Thunderbolt 3 laptop. With dedicated USB buses, the controller adds four USB ports - two USB-A (5Gbps), one USB-C (10Gbps) and one USB-A (10Gbps). The two 10Gbps ports are useful for accessing high-performance, bandwidth-hogging devices such as storage arrays, 3D scanners, audio-video capture and broadcast devices, and external SSD drives. The Thunderbolt 3 port can also be used for connecting a second 10Gbps USB-C device. When only one port is being accessed, the full dedicated 10Gbps is available. If both 10Gbps ports are being accessed at the same time, the bandwidth being provided to each device will be 5Gbps. The two 5Gbps ports can provide 5Gbps of bandwidth to each device simultaneously, making it ideal for devices such as portable hard drives. You can also connect low-bandwidth devices such as USB flash drives. The front USB-A port supports both data and charging. The adapter does not need to be connected to a Thunderbolt 3 computer in order to charge your mobile devices. The adapter features a second Thunderbolt 3 port that you can use to connect an additional display to your laptop (a USB-C video adapter may be required). The port can also be used to connect additional Thunderbolt devices, daisy-chaining up to six devices in all.
- Provides twice the performance of a traditional 4-port USB 3.1 hub
- Add multiple devices to your Thunderbolt 3 laptop with a total shared bandwidth of 20Gbps
- USB-A charge port charges your devices with no host connection required
- Supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2
- Included power adaptor ensures your connected devices are fully powered and operational
- Thunderbolt 3 cable included
- Daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt 3 devices