See More. Store More.
Optimised for DVRs and NVRs, SkyHawk™ surveillance drives are tuned for 24x7 workloads in capacities up to 10 TB. Equipped with enhanced ImagePerfect™ firmware, SkyHawk helps to minimise dropped frames and downtime with a workload rating 3x that of a desktop drive and IS ready to record up to 90% of the time while supporting up to 64 HD cameras.
SkyHawk Is Smart
The innovative ImagePerfect firmware enables smooth, clear video streaming for always-on, 24/7 surveillance environments — helping to ensure your business can always have a formidable layer of protection.
And SkyHawk Is Vigilant
Built to record 90% of the time — supports up to 64 cameras
Up to 10 TB or 2,000+ hours of HD video
180 TB/year workload rating, 3× the workload of a desktop drive and backed by a 3-year limited warranty
NVR ready drives deliver robust drive design for multi-drive environments
Protect your data against the unexpected with an optional +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan
. HD video stream measured as a Mpeg-4 H.264 satellite and 30fps 2MP HD security or 10 Mb/s
Give yourself the ultimate peace of mind with SkyHawk surveillance drives and never miss a frame, even in harsh environments. SkyHawk’s extreme workload rating, low power consumption and NVR ready design can improve long-term drive reliability. SkyHawk can also reliably perform in operating temperatures — from 0°C to 70°C — while tarnish-resistant components offer further protection out in the field.
Soar Higher and Longer
SkyHawk is built to scale with your needs and reliably performs in multi-drive systems. Multi-drive surveillance systems can rely on the SkyHawk’s RAID-optimised hardware, keeping drives and systems in the field longer.
- NVR ready design enables reliable performance in DVR and NVR systems with 8+ drives
- Robust drive design in a RAID environment maintains drive performance by improving vibration tolerance
Stay Secure and Be Prepared
Be prepared for the unthinkable with a 3-year Seagate +Rescue Data Recovery Service plan. Under the protective wing of SkyHawk, vandalism, viruses and accidents are no longer the end of the world.
- Fast and easy recovery process — data can often be restored in 15 days or less
- Seagate leads the industry in data recovery with a 90% success rate
- 1M hour MTBF - designed for high write duty cycle across SkyHawk
- ATA AV Command support - streaming video command support across SkyHawk
- Best-in-class acoustic performance means virtually silent operation
- Built-in error recovery for non-stop video streaming
- Compliant with RoHS requirements in China and Europe
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention
- Idle3 power mode support
- Low activity power
- Low-RPM spindle speed
- Native Command Queuing with command ordering to increase performance in demanding applications
- Performance-tuned for seamless video applications
- Reliability for 24x7 video surveillance applications
- Rotational Vibration - mitigation of system level rotational vibration inside SkyHawk
- SeaTools diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms
- Streaming video optimization - consistent command completion times & ERC support across SkyHawk
- Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting
- Supports 8+ drive bays
- Supports ATA8 streaming commands
- Supports latching SATA cables and connectors
- Supports up to 64 HD cameras for recording and playback
- TGMR recording technology provides the drives with increased areal density
- Thermal monitoring and reporting for 24x7 operations
- Transient power on management - <=1.8A spin-up current
- Uncompromising reliability supports flexible surveillance design with case temperatures up to 70ºC
- Workload ratings of 180TB/year
- Worldwide Name (WWN) capability uniquely identifies the drive