Momentus Thin hard drives offer a feature-rich, slim, lightweight style at price and capacity points that enable no-compromise designs for thin computing. Seagate has purpose built the Momentus Thin hard drive to meet our customers' demand for affordable, slimmer, fully functional computing solutions. Meet your needs with 500GB, 320GB, 250GB and 160GB capacity options. While traditional laptop hard drives offer a z-height of 9.5mm, Momentus Thin hard drives stand apart with a z-height of just 7mm. Seagate SmartAlign technology provides a transition to 4K sectors without the need for software utilities. Until recently, system integrators and OEMs had no choice but to limit their thinner, fully functional computing designs to high-end devices. The available hard drive options were either too costly, performed too slowly, or both. Enter Seagate ingenuity Momentus Thin hard drives exploit current laptop drives in both material and product design to provide the world's first 7mm 2.5 inch form factor drive. The result is affordable, thin storage for entry-level to mainstream laptops, high-end netbooks, thin ultraportables and more. Momentus Thin drives open new frontiers in slim-computing design.
Best-fit Applications: Entry-level to high-performance laptops - enjoy a stylish, thin and lightweight design without exceeding your budget; Netbooks - have a thinner netbook without compromising on storage or affordability. Ultraportables - take advantage of a stylish, thin and lightweight design without compromising on features. Slim consumer electronics devices - add some style to your digital life.
- Seagate Momentus Thin 2.5 inch Hard Disk Drive
- 500GB Capacity
- Interface: SATA 3.0Gb/s NCQ
- 16-MB cache buffer
- 5400-RPM spin speed
- Advanced Format 4K sector drive with SmartAlign technology
- 7mm z-height form factor enables thin chassis design for all segments of laptop computing
- State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) with command ordering
- Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention
- 1000 Gs non-operating shock and 350 Gs of operating shock