The Seagate® Exos™15E900 enterprise hard drive is the world's fastest hard drive, with capacities up to 900 GB in a 2.5-inch form factor, and is intended for traditional data centres where density, power consumption and data integrity are paramount.
Performance You Need With the Affordability You Demand
Exos 15E900 hard drives accelerate I/O operations and complete more transactions faster — even during peak demand. The 900 GB model Exos 15E900 was the first to store 50% more mission-critical data than any other 15K hard drive. By providing higher capacities at lower cost than high-performance alternatives, Exos 15E900 drives help optimise TCO. They deliver more predictable performance (up to 27% more sustained data rate than previous generation) while helping to protect data from corruption due to unexpected power loss.
Unrivalled Versatility Is Key
The Exos 15E900 supports all drive formats, including 512 native and a single Fast Format TM model for advanced formats (4Kn and 512e) that simplifies drive management. Industry-leading read caching with TurboBoost® technology for optimum response times is perfect for OLTP applications. The Advanced Write Caching feature utilises enhanced algorithms for the industry’s highest mission-critical storage workload performance efficiencies. The Exos 15E900 uses traditional NAND and advanced algorithms to promote hot data and meet performance requirements (up to 2.6× improvements over last generation). By enabling high density with power efficiency, Exos 15E900 drives are ideal for space- and power-constrained enterprise data centres. Widely accepted, proven sixth-generation technology provides reliable access to demanding high-performance applications.
Industry-Leading Data Security Features
Seagate Secure TM models provide hardware-based security to help protect data-atrest. With Instant Secure Erase, drive retirement is safe, fast and cost-efficient. Seagate Secure models meet the NIST 800-88 media sanitisation specification and support the Trusted Computer Group (TCG) standard.
- Up to 100% faster random write performance with Enhanced Caching that accelerates OLTP, VDI, web server and database applications
- Simplify data centre integration with Fast Format™ models which can be addressed as 512 emulation and re-serviced to 4K native formats
- Seagate Secure™ capabilities ensure authentic and trusted products from a secure supply chain, available with hardware-based encryption (SED), Instant Secure Erase (ISE), TAA compliance and FIPS 140-2
- Seagate Enterprise Performance 2.5 inch Hard Disk Drive
- 512 Native Standard Model
- 600GB Capacity
- 15K RPM spindle speed
- 12Gb/s SAS Interface
- 128MB cache buffer
- Max. Instantaneous Transfer Rate (SAS dual port): 2400MB/s
- Stores twice the amount of Tier 1 data without increasing drive count, in 2.5-inch form factor
- Enables faster transaction processing, which can result in increased revenue generation and improved customer satisfaction
- Seagate TurboBoost enhanced cache models provide improved drive performance and protect data from corruption due to unexpected power loss
- TurboBoost feature uses traditional NAND and an advanced algorithm based on hot data to achieve performance improvement in some real life workloads and business environments
- Industry's highest MTBF at 2.0M hours
- SAS based Protection Information (PI) helps protect against inadvertent data change