Now it’s easy to drive share and enhance the storage capabilities of your server or PC. This mobile rack backplane lets you install four 2.5in SATA or SAS solid-state or hard disk drives into a single 5.25in bay and quickly hot swap them between systems. It’s ideal for systems integrators and administrators who are looking for flexible management of their data storage.
Designed for durability and trouble-free use
The mobile rack backplane is engineered to protect your valuable data and provide reliable performance. The aluminum housing is designed for enhanced heat dissipation, while two 40mm fans improve air flow to minimize heat build-up and ensure optimum operating temperature.
The backplane can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, for error-free tray insertion and maximum compatibility with servers or desktop computers.You can lock the removable steel trays in place, providing an enhanced level of drive protection. The Non-Scratch SATA (NSS) connector provides a high 50,000+ insertion rating, your assurance of long-lasting performance of both the drives and the bay.
Convenient, interchangeable drive trays
Many fast-paced work environments require drives to be removed regularly. Hot swap between systems quickly, without shutting down, with the convenient backplane.
The included drive trays are interchangeable, working with both the 4-bay backplane and the single-bay backplane (SATSASBP125) so you can hot swap between systems for easy file access.
Compatible with a wide range of drives
Designed for versatile use, the backplane supports an extensive range of both SATA or SAS based HDDs and SSDs, from 5 to 15mm in height.
To maximize the performance of your drives, the mobile rack supports SAS II and SATA III performance for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller. The backplane also works with your preferred RAID controller or Hyper Duo™ controller to produce a high-performance or redundant storage solution.
The SATSASBP425 backplane is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Supports a wide range of 2.5in SAS or SATA HDD/SSDs from 5-15 mm
- High-quality metal housing maximizes heat dissipation
- Two 40 mm fans help to ensure optimum operating temperature
- Maximize performance through SAS II and SATA III, with file transfer speeds of up to 6Gbps
- Build your storage system by adding four 2.5in SAS or SATA drives into one 5.25in bay
- Supports a wide range of SSDs and HDDs from 5-15mm
- Easy, error free insertion of tray with vertically or horizontally mounted backplane
- Lockable, removable trays provide drive protection
- NSS connector provides 50,000+ insertion rating for long-lasting performance
- Interchangeable drive trays also work with the 1-bay backplane (SATSASBP125)
- High-quality metal housing provides enhanced heat dissipation
- Two 40mm fans to optimize ventilation
- Flammability rating of UL 94 V-O
- Support for SAS II and SATA I, II and III with file transfer speeds of up to 6Gbps
- Works with your RAID or HyperDuo controller