Windows Server powers many of the worlds' largest datacentres, enables small businesses around the world, and delivers value to organizations of all sizes in between. Building on this legacy, Windows Server 2012 redefines the category, delivering hundreds of new features and enhancements spanning virtualization, networking, storage, user experience, cloud computing, automation, and more. Simply put, Windows Server 2012 helps you transform your IT operations to reduce costs and deliver a whole new level of business value. Both Standard and Datacentre editions provide the same set of features; the only thing that differentiates the editions is the number of Virtual Machines (VMs). A Standard edition license will entitle you to run up to two VMs on up to two processors (subject to the VM use rights outlined in the Product Use Rights document). A Datacentre edition license will entitle you to run an unlimited number of VMs on up to two processors. All features that are available in the Datacentre edition are also available in the Standard edition, including high availability features like failover clustering. The only difference between the two editions will be virtualization rights.
OEM Software Product Information: This product is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) package, and the licence governing the installation and use may not convey the same rights as a full retail package. OEM product packages may not contain the same printed documentation or bundled software and hardware which forms part of the full retail package. Prospective purchasers should make themselves aware of any such restrictions before purchasing.
- Server Virtualization: With Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012, it is easier than ever for organizations to gain cost savings from virtualization
- Networking: Windows Server 2012 provides an array of new and enhanced features that help reduce networking complexity while facilitating more efficient and cost-effective networking management
- Remote Access: Windows Server 2012 offers several ways to provide more efficient, secure, remote access to applications, data, or even an entire desktop environment
- Identity and Security: Windows Server 2012 makes it easier for administrators to configure, manage, and monitor users, resources, and devices to ensure proper security and access
- Storage and Availability: Windows Server 2012 can help you manage the balance between delivering capacity on demand while managing operational overhead and controlling capital expenditures
- Server Management: Windows Server 2012 can offer excellent total cost of ownership as an integrated platform with comprehensive, multiserver manageability
- Web and Application Platform: Windows Server 2012 provides enormous flexibility for hosting web-based applications on-premises and in the cloud