Winning in business means working smarter. The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479 is designed to let you focus your time where it’s most effective-growing your business and staying ahead of the competition.
This printer is intended to work only with cartridges that have a new or reused HP chip, and it uses dynamic security measures to block cartridges using a non-HP chip. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of these measures and block cartridges that previously worked. A reused HP chip enables the use of reused, remanufactured, and refilled cartridges. More at: http://www.hp.com/learn/ds
TODAY’S BUSINESSES ARE ALWAYS ON, AND ALWAYS CONNECTED. CHOOSE AN MFP THAT CAN KEEP UP WITH HOW YOU ACTUALLY WORK, COLLABORATE, AND GET THINGS DONE.
- Scan files directly to Microsoft® SharePoint®, email, USB, and network folders.
- Help save time by automating all the steps in a complicated workflow and apply saved settings.
- Print wirelessly with or without the network, stay connected with dual band Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi direct.[3,4,5]
- Print effortlessly from any device, virtually anywhere, to any HP printer – securely through the cloud.
HP PRINT SECURITY ISN’T JUST ABOUT SECURING PRINTERS. IT’S ABOUT HELPING TO SECURE YOUR NETWORK WITH REAL-TIME THREAT DETECTION, AUTOMATED MONITORING, AND SOFTWARE VALIDATION – DESIGNED TO DETECT AND STOP AN ATTACK AS IT HAPPENS.
- A suite of embedded security features help protect your MFP from being an entry point for attacks.
- Help ensure security of confidential information with optional PIN/Pull printing to retrieve print jobs.
- Optional HP JetAdvantage Security Manager lets you set configuration.
- Thwart potential attacks and take immediate action with instant notification of security issues.
YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO WORRY ABOUT EACH DAY. IT’S EASY TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT YOU NEED – AND EXCEED YOUR OWN EXPECTATIONS – WITH A STREAMLINED MFP THAT’S SIMPLE TO USE.
- Set up this MFP fast, and easily manage device settings to help increase overall printing efficiency.
- Tackle tasks quickly and easily – with the simple 10.9 cm colour touchscreen.
- Print Microsoft® office formatted files in addition to PDFs right off your USB drive.
- Avoid interruptions with an HP LaserJet MFP designed to be streamlined for maximum productivity.
BUSINESS IS ALL ABOUT RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, AND FINDING EFFICIENCIES IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY. HP LASERJET MFPS ARE DESIGNED WITH THE ENVIRONMENT IN MIND, SO YOU CAN HANDLE WHAT YOU NEED WHILE CONSERVING ENERGY WHEREVER POSSIBLE.
- Avoid frustrating reprints, wasted supplies, and service calls using Original HP toner cartridges.
- Help save paper right out of the box. The duplex print setting is set at default paper savings mode.
- Saves up to 18% energy over prior products.
- Help save energy with HP Auto-on/Auto-off technology. 
 Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language, and agreements. For details, see http://www.hpconnected.com.
 Connect printer/MFP to the network and complete customisation through the Embedded Web.
 Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz operations. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Some features require purchase of an optional accessory. Learn more at http://www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting.
 Feature is only supported by the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479dw, M479fdw, and M477fnw. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point, and may be limited during active VPN connections.
 Feature is supported on the HP LaserJet Pro M479dw/M479fnw/M479fdw only. Mobile device needs to be connected directly to the Wi-Fi network of a wireless direct–capable MFP or printer prior to printing. Depending on mobile device, an app or driver may also be required. Learn more at http://www.hp.com/go/businessmobileprinting.
 To enable HP Roam, some devices may require firmware to be upgraded and an optional accessory to add Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) beaconing capabilities. Subscription may be required. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com/go/roam.
 Based on HP review of 2019 published security features of competitive in-class printers. Only HP offers a combination of security features that can monitor to detect and automatically stop an attack then self-validate software integrity in a reboot. For a list of printers, visit http://www.hp.com/go/PrintersThatProtect. For more information: http://www.hp.com/go/printersecurityclaims.
 Pin printing enabled via USB installed in rear of device.
 Instant threat notifications can appear on the device control panel when a potential threat occurs from malicious intent or there is a bug or vulnerability in the firmware code of the device. If this error raises concern, please contact your company IT representative or, if unavailable, HP Support, who can investigate the cause through analysis of device syslog data using a standard SIEM tool from McAfee, Splunk, Arcsight or SIEMonster. The control panel error message may show an error code on a blue screen during code signature checks or memory write intrusions.
 Microsoft and PowerPoint are U.S. registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Feature works with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint 2003 and later. Only Latin language fonts are supported.
 Dependent upon country setup specifications. All new product introductions beginning in Fall 2019 will include consistent worldwide default duplex settings (across bundles/drivers); Spring 2019 will include consistent worldwide default duplex settings for most products across the most common drivers.
 Based on HP Internal testing using normalised TEC Value, 2019.
 HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology capabilities subject to printer and settings; may require a firmware upgrade.