For generations, streamlined layouts that reduce latency and increase bandwidth have enabled ROG Apex series motherboards to dominate numerous world records. Maximus XIII Apex continues that legacy by amping power delivery and adding overclocking enhancements for 11th Generation Intel Core processors. Those upgrades are fused with the latest connectivity options to boost the meta and bring the board's racetrack performance to daily rigs.
Enhanced with AI
Intelligent software solutions help ensure that your system performs at its best. The latest ASUS AI-powered enhancements span four pillars of performance, including overclocking, cooling, networking and onboard audio, making advanced tweaks and optimization accessible to new recruits and savvy PC DIY veterans alike.
Tuning is now faster and smarter than ever before. ASUS AI Overclocking profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration and push each system to its limits.
Balance the thermals and acoustics of any build with a single click. A proprietary ASUS algorithm reduces unnecessary system noise by monitoring CPU temperatures and dynamically adjusting fans to optimal speeds.
The GameFirst VI utility optimizes networking performance by allocating bandwidth in real time based on application usage scenarios and corresponding learning algorithms.
Two-Way AI Noise Cancellation
This utility leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce over 500 million types of background noise from incoming or outgoing audio, helping ensure crystal-clear communication in games or calls.
ROG Maximus XIII Apex makes overclocking accessible to both beginners and seasoned enthusiasts alike. Its intelligent power solution caters to the demands of the latest Intel processors, while comprehensive controls give you the tools you need to ramp up performance.
An Overclocker’s Tookit with hardware-level controls will aid your overclocking experience. They’re quick and easy time-savers designed to help you break more records.
Specialized circuitry allows Maximus XIII Apex to detect when condensation occurs on the back of the board. Divided into three distinct sections — CPU, DRAM and PCIe — the feature provides a useful warning when an area may be at risk of short-circuiting.
Teamed Power Architecture
Modern CPU architectures up the ante for motherboard power design by transitioning from deep power saving modes to full load almost instantaneously. The latest ROG VRM architecture rises to the challenge by utilizing teamed power stages to rapidly swing current, while maintaining exemplary thermal performance.
A Brief History
ASUS became the first manufacturer to implement phase doublers when we shipped the A8N32-SLI Deluxe back in 2005. The board’s VRM was lauded for elegantly overcoming the power handling capabilities of components that were available at the time while also reducing voltage ripple. Those benefits lead to phase doublers becoming universally accepted in the industry, and they are still used for similar purposes today.
A Shift in CPU Demands
Today’s CPUs pack more cores than their predecessors, and the latest instruction sets allow them to crunch computationally dense workloads at an incredible pace. As an added bonus, these processors also consume less power at idle and can transition between loads states much more quickly. These improvements necessitated a re-evaluation of power design priorities, because phase doublers add a propagation delay that hampers transient response.
Bucking the Trend
The latest integrated power components can handle higher currents than the devices of yesteryear, making it possible to implement a simple circuit topology that isn’t hamstrung by the processing lag of phase doublers. That’s why the ROG Maximus XIII Apex utilizes teamed power stages to deliver higher burst current per phase, while maintaining the thermal performance of phase-doubled designs.
Each VRM component serves a specific purpose. PWM controllers control the circuit, and the power stages do the heavy lifting from an electrical and thermal standpoint. That's why ROG Maximus XIII Apex utilizes 18 power stages. The high-end power stages feature a low RDSON to reduce switching and conduction losses, helping to improve overall thermal headroom.
High Quality Components
- Dual 8-Pin ProCool II Power Connectors - Two ProCool connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection to the EPS12V power lines.
- 18 Power Stages - The VRM features 18 power stages, each rated to handle 90 amps.
- MicroFine Alloy Chokes - Each power stage is accompanied by a high-permeability alloy-core choke rated to handle 45 amps.
- 10K Japanese-Made Black Metallic Capacitors - Input and output filtering is provided by solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high operating temperatures.
A robust and comprehensive cooling solution is vital in your pursuit of performance. ROG Maximus XIII Apex includes sturdy heatsinks and a series of fan and water-cooling headers to keep temperatures in check.
- VRM and Aluminum I/O Heatsink - A VRM heatsink on the MOSFETs and chokes is connected to the aluminum I/O cover via an embedded heatpipe to increase mass and surface area for dissipation.
- Extended VRM & M.2 Heatsink - The extended heatsink helps further cool the VRM and an M.2 drive mounted in the primary onboard slot.
- Aluminum M.2 Heatsink - An aluminum heatsink cover efficiently cools an M.2 drive mounted in the second onboard slot.
- U-Shaped Heatpipe - The heatpipe efficiently distributes the thermal load across the entire array.
- High-Conductivity Thermal Pad -High-quality thermal pads improve thermal transfer from the power stages to the heatsink.
- M.2 Backplates - The two onboard M.2 slots feature backplate blocks to help cool high-performance drives, even when airflow is restricted.
- Chipset Heatsink - A dedicated heatsink draws heat away from the chipset to maintain optimum operating temperatures.
Cooler by Design
ROG Maximus XIII Apex features comprehensive cooling options that are configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- Multiple Temperature Sources - Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling, and all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or via the UEFI.
- 4-pin PWM/DC Fan Headers and ASUS HYDRANODE - Every onboard header auto-detects any PWM or DC fan, and three chassis fan headers offer ASUS HYDRANODE support.
- AIO Pump - A dedicated PWM/DC header supports self-contained water-cooling setups.
- Full Speed Fan - Two full speed fan headers allow for targeted airflow during extreme overclocking.
ROG Water-Cooling Zone
Dual water-temperature headers and a flow-rate header feed information straight into the AI Suite utility, allowing you to track coolant temperatures and the flow rate of the entire loop.
- Water Pump+ - A dedicated header can supply over 3 amps to a high-performance PWM or to DC water pumps.
- Water In/Out - A dedicated header enables monitoring of temperatures at the input/output points of any component.
- Water Flow - A dedicated header enables constant monitoring of flow rate throughout the entire loop.
Maximus XIII Apex delivers supersmooth wireless connectivity, extensive M.2 compatibility, and high-end audio – the essentials for any setup.
Intel® WiFi 6E (Gig+)
Onboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of the newly available radio spectrum in the 6 GHz band, providing up to three times the bandwidth of the 5 GHz band and up to seven 160 MHz bands to deliver ultrafast wireless networking speeds along with improved capacity and better performance in dense wireless environments.
*WiFi 6E availability and features are dependent on regulatory limitations and co-existence with 5 GHz WiFi.
Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet
Onboard 2.5 Gb Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with up to a 2.5X improvement over standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, smoother lag-free gaming and high-res video streaming.
USB 3.2 Gen 2x2
A USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C® port at the rear and an additional front panel header onboard provide data transfer speeds of up to 20 Gbps for the latest devices.
ROG Maximus XIII Apex is equipped with four onboard M.2 slots, with two offering PCIe 4.0 support for the latest GPUs and high-speed SSDs. To cope with the heat generated by high-performance M.2 SSDs, each drive is protected by a dedicated M.2 heatsink and an embedded backplate.
The ROG DIMM.2 module is an innovative expansion card that allows two M.2 drives to be connected via a DDR4 interface. You can then add metal heatsinks, helping to control thermals for maximum performance while elevating the aesthetics.
*DIMM.2 accommodates M.2 drives up to 22110 (110mm) in length
ROG SupremeFX is a unique blend of hardware and software that provides superior audio. In Maximus III Apex, SupremeFX utilizes the ALC4080 codec to increase playback resolution across all channels. The front-panel output is streamed through an integrated Savitech amplifier that’s capable of driving a wide range of gaming headsets and high-fidelity headphones.
- Audio Line Shielding - Blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide cleaner audio.
- Savitech SV3H712 Amplifier - The integrated Savitech amplifier greatly improves THD+N performance from 72 dB to 83 dB to deliver pristine audio quality.
- ALC 4080 Codec - The ALC4080 codec improves playback audio resolution from 192 kHz to 384 kHz across all channels.
- Switching MOSFETs - A unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs.
- Nichicon® Caps - These fine-quality Japanese-made components produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
ROG Maximus XIII Apex is packed with intuitive and flexible tools that give you complete control of system performance.
Level Up Performance
The dashboard-style control panel of AI Suite 3 lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your ROG Maximus XIII Apex system with ease. Get the best balance between performance, cooling, stability, and efficiency via one simple and intuitive interface.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as more comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
Accurate Voltage Monitoring
Conventional motherboards use single-ended sensing circuits that are susceptible to noise and have to tap voltage rails from a location that isn’t ideal for accurate monitoring. These issues lead to a large disparity between the voltage fed to components and the values reported to software. Maximus XIII Apex features a differential-sensing circuit that rejects noise and takes readings directly from the CPU and the end point of major voltage rails. This simplifies overclocking and tuning by allowing you to track voltages more accurately.
In addition to extraordinary performance, ROG Maximus XIII Apex provides extensive styling and customization options to let you build a system that truly stands apart.
Grow Your Gaming World with Aura Sync
Up your game with complementary Aura Sync enhanced aesthetics, featuring preset lighting effects that can be easily synchronized across compatible ROG graphics cards, monitors, mice and keyboards to give your setup a unified look.
Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header
The addressable Gen 2 RGB headers can be controlled with Aura software, which automatically tailors your preferred lighting effects to the number of LEDs present in the connected gear or strip. The new headers also offer backward-compatibility with existing Aura RGB components.
RAMCache III software utility turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express® storage options, RAMCache III utilizes uniquely intelligent technology to effectively cache any storage device, so favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
DTS : Sound Unbound
ROG Maximus XIII Apex includes a pre-loaded DTS Sound Unbound app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By exploiting Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.
* DTS Sound Unbound requires in-game support. Check with developers for titles that offer support.
Armoury Crate is a software utility designed to provide centralized control of supported ROG gaming products. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate puts command of all your Aura gear at your fingertips with the new Aura Creator suite ready. The software also provides control of settings for a growing number of ROG products, making it easier to tune the look and feel of your system. Armoury Crate even offers dedicated product registration and ROG news feeds to help you stay in touch with the ROG gaming community.
ROG Maximus XIII series includes a one-year AIDA64 Extreme subscription. This industry-leading system information tool provides detailed information about installed hardware and software, and it also provides benchmarks for measuring performance of the entire system or individual components. AIDA64 Extreme includes a monitoring and diagnostics feature to detect and prevent hardware issues. All vital system sensors can be tracked in real time, allowing voltage readings, fan speeds, and temperature information to be viewed on the desktop, sent to dedicated displays, or the OLED panels of ROG AIO liquid coolers*.
*Support available for ROG Ryujin II and later models.
Graphics Card Holder
Featuring a magnetic base, adjustable slider and hinge, the ROG Graphics Card Holder banishes sag and provides support where it’s needed most.