ASUS Prime series is expertly engineered to unleash the full potential of 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors. Boasting a robust power design, comprehensive cooling solutions and intelligent tuning options, Prime Z490 series motherboards provide daily users and DIY PC builders a range of performance tuning options via intuitive software and firmware features.
Tune It Your Way
Comprehensive controls form the foundation of the ASUS Prime series. The Prime Z490 motherboard packs flexible tools to tune every aspect of your system, enabling you to tweak performance settings to perfectly match the way you work – maximizing your productivity.
ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart, taking care of complex tuning with just one click. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
- 5-Way Optimization is an automated tuning utility that optimizes overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU- or GPU-intensive tasks.
- A stress test feature allows you to optimize and overclock for CPU- or memory-centric workloads.
CPU Performance Boost
The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is an intelligent system-tuning utility that automatically fine-tunes voltages, monitors system stats, and adjusts overclocking parameters for optimal performance.
All-Around Energy Efficiency
The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes energy savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Fan Xpert 4
Flexible Air- and Liquid-Cooling Controls
Fan Xpert 4 software provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AiO) coolers. Whether cooling with air or water, an Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There’s also an Extreme Quiet mode that reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks. Fans, water pumps and AiO coolers can also be controlled via the UEFI BIOS.
Digi+ VRM Control
Precise Digital Power Control
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, automatically switching frequency and power-efficiency settings. It also allows you to fine-tune your CPU for ultimate stability and performance.
Turbo App allows you to define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data and optimize audio settings at the app level, so your system is set up exactly as needed.
The renowned ASUS UEFI BIOS provides everything you need to configure, tweak and tune your system. It offers intelligently simplified options for PC DIY beginners, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
Advanced Tuning for Serious Tweakers
An intuitive Advanced mode offered via the UEFI lets you take complete control. A built-in search feature makes it easy to find options, and various Advanced functions let you intelligently make nuanced adjustments so you can dial in performance just the way you want.
- Prediction - AI Overclocking monitors system vitals such as temperature, fan speed, and power draw to estimate overclocking performance.
- AI Overclocking Guide - Refer to the guide offered in the UEFI BIOS for step-by-step instructions detailing how to use AI Overclocking.
- Search Function - Quickly and easily find the option or setting you need.
- ASUS User Profile - Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
- FlexKey - Remap the reset button on the chassis to toggle Aura lighting, activate the DirectKey to go straight to the UEFI BIOS, or reset the system.
Quick and Simple Setup
EZ mode displays vital settings and stats and also offers guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings — all to help you get your rig up and running in no time.
- AI Overclocking - Enable AI Overclocking via a shortcut.
- Intuitive Graphical Fan Control - Fine-tune individual fan settings simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
- EZ XMP - Improve DRAM performance with one click.
- Aura On/Off Mode (Stealth) - Easily enable or disable Aura RGB lighting or every onboard LED, for a subdued aesthetic touch.
Cool to the Core
Prime Z490 series is engineered with multiple onboard heatsinks and an array of hybrid fan headers to ensure your rig stays cool and stable under intense workloads.
An M.2 drive sits under a passive heatsink to ward off the throttling that can occur with sustained transfers. The heatsink is held in place by easily-removable captive screws, giving you the flexibility to move it to another M.2 slot.
VRM Heatsink and Thermal Pads
Two massive VRM heatsinks with underneath thermal pads improve heat transfer from the MOSFETs and chokes for better cooling performance. A bundled fan holder provides additional cooling options.
SoC VRM Heatsink
Stack Cool 3+
2-ounce copper layers draw heat away from critical components to keep them at their optimal operating temperatures.
Cooler by Design
Prime Z490 series features comprehensive cooling controls that are configurable via Fan Xpert 4 software or via the UEFI BIOS.
- Multiple Temperature Sources - Each header can dynamically reference three thermal sensors. Fan Xpert 4 allows you to map the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to optimize cooling for GPU- and CPU-intensive tasks.
- Dual-Pump Headers - A dedicated header supplies over 3 amps for high-performance PWM or DC water pumps, plus a second dedicated header for AiOs.
- Smart Protection - A dedicated integrated circuit protects each fan header from overheating and overcurrent.
- 4-Pin PWM/DC Fan - Each onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
Build on a Solid Foundation
Prime Z490 series is built to handle the additional cores and increased bandwidth of 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. A Z490 motherboard provides all the fundamentals to boost daily productivity, so your system will be ready for action with stable power, intuitive cooling and flexible transfer options.
Robust Power Design
Stable power is essential to extract every last bit of performance out of 10th Generation Intel Core processors, Prime Z490 motherboard is geared to cater to the demands of these high-core count CPUs.
Proprietary connectors augment the motherboard's link to the PSU with 8+4 pin connectors that pass 12 volts of power directly to the processors. Each jack features solid pins that can handle more current than hollow-pin connectors.
12+2 Power Stages
A VRM with 12+2 power stages delivers the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors demand.
ASUS OptiMem II
Revisions to the motherboard’s trace routing provide the latest Intel processors with unrestricted access to memory bandwidth. ASUS OptiMem II technology carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk.
ASUS OptiMem II benefits:
- Improved memory stability and compatibility
- Allows lower memory latencies at equivalent voltages
- Improved memory frequency margin
Dual M.2 (up to 32 Gbps)
Dual M.2 slots support data-transfer speeds of up to 32 Gbps via x4 PCI Express® 3.0 bandwidth, enabling quicker boot-up and app load times with OS or application drives.
* Actual transmission speeds will be lower than the theoretical maximum speed.
USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C
Numerous USB ports support high-end rigs loaded with peripherals, including a front-panel USB Type-C® connectors with fast USB 3.2 Gen 2 connectivity for compatible cases.
Thunderbolt™ 3 Support
Prime Z490-A supports ThunderboltEX 3-TR, an Intel certified Thunderbolt™ 3 add-on card that enables bi-directional speeds of up to 40 Gbps via a single cable. Additionally, an integrated Thunderbolt 3 header can support up to six devices in a daisy-chain and provide up to 100 watts of power to fast-charge devices.
Intel® 2.5 Gb Ethernet
Intel Ethernet Connection I225-V reduces CPU overhead and offers exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput for faster, smoother data transfer.
- Lower CPU workload
- High TCP & UDP throughput
ASUS LANGuard is a hardware-level network protection feature that integrates advanced signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to improve throughput and ensure a more reliable connection.
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology reduces network lag and allows you to adjust application network transmission priorities in just one click.
Little Things Make a Big Difference
Prime Z490 series adds the nuanced details that improve every experience, from exclusive codecs that provide pristine audio quality to intuitive RGB lighting controls that let you customize your system to create a uniquely personal look.
Realtek Codec and Unique Design Features for Pristine, Powerful Audio
Prime Z490-A utilizes a unique audio codec designed in close collaboration with Realtek — the Realtek S1220A. It also features an unprecedented 120 dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line out and a 113 dB SNR for the line in, providing pristine audio quality. Additionally, an impedance-sensing circuit automatically adjusts gain to ensure an optimal volume range for your headphones.
DTS:X® Ultra adds a spatial audio feature to boost headphones and speakers for enhanced gaming, VR and extended-reality experiences. DTS:X Ultra supports sound based on channels, scenes, and objects to allow for deeper sonic immersion in enabled content. It also provides post-processing enhancements and device-level tuning for DTS® codecs.
Crystal Sound 3
Flawless Audio that Immerses You in the Game
- Power Pre-Regulator - Reduces power-input noise to ensure consistent performance
- Audio Shielding - Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference
- Separate Layers for Left and Right Tracks - Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths
- Integrated Amplifier - Capable of driving high-impedance headphones, without rolling-off high or low frequencies
- De-Pop Circuit - Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs
- Premium Japanese Capacitors - Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity
Outshine the Competition
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips and devices connected to the onboard RGB headers - and it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable hardware.
Learn more >
Addressable Gen 2 RGB Header
Two addressable Gen 2 RGB headers are now capable of detecting the number of LEDs on second-gen addressable RGB devices, allowing the software to automatically tailor lighting effects to specific devices. The new headers also offer backward-compatibility with existing Aura RGB gear.
Armoury Crate is a new software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported products. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate allows you to easily customize RGB lighting and effects for every compatible device in your arsenal. The software also provides control of settings for an ever-growing number of ASUS products, including keyboard and mouse preferences. Armoury Crate even features dedicated product registration and highlight to help you stay in touch with the ASUS community.
Protect Your Graphics Card
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process, SafeSlot integrates fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
The Chassis Reset Button – Reassigned
FlexKey is a front-panel header that lets you customize the reset button on the front-panel of your chassis to provide quick access to Aura lighting controls, DirectKey or system reset.
Please note that this is an open box clearance item. It may have been repaired by the manufacturer, or returned to us by another customer who purchased it in error. The price has been reduced to reflect this.
Clearance items should be as new and of course should be a real bargain. All clearance items are working and have been fully tested. Although every effort has been made to ensure that open box items are supplied with their original accessories, some packages may not be 100% complete. But we are confident you will receive the essentials.
This item is supplied with a 12 month warranty.