Historically there has only been one lock slot shape, so all the computer locks available on the market were compatible with all the computers.
In response to thinner hardware, there are now three lock formats on the market, and the lock jaws are not cross-compatible.
The 3 formats are difficult to tell apart, and some manufacturers (HP) now use all 3 lock formats across their NPD, leading to confusion in the market, especially in Enterprise customers with mixed hardware.
Targus’ universal 3-in-1 locking solution makes life simple: Each lock ships with 3 interchangeable lock heads.
Simply select the compatible head for your device’s locking slot. The world's first universal locking solution. From Targus.
- Easily attaches to any notebook computer equipped with any security lock slot
- This lock ships with 3 interchangeable heads - to fit legacy (T-Lock), Compact (Nano) & wedge shaped lock slots
- Use the colour coding to identify the right tip for the device
- Pre-set 4 wheel combination lock with a potential 10,000 possible settings to deter theft
- No compromise: once locked, the jaws secure the hardware while metal cams secure the jaws into the lock
- 2m galvanised steel cable