This single-port 2.5Gbps PCIe network card offers a versatile and low-cost way to deploy 2.5GbE network connectivity. It adds one copper Ethernet port to your server or desktop computer and provides Multi-Gigabit Ethernet access to your network at four speeds: 2.5 Gbps, 1G, 100Mbps, 10Mbps.
Cost-Effective Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Solution
The 2.5GBASE-T NIC provides additional bandwidth using your existing Ethernet infrastructure to help reduce the cost of cabling upgrades. The card enables you to connect to 2.5GBASE-T and NBASE-T equipment at network speeds of 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1Gbps, 2.5Gbps over your CAT5e cabling (up to 100 m depending on the network configuration).
Optimal Technology for Optimal Performance
The network adapter card adds one Ethernet port to your workstation through a x1 PCIe slot. It features 2.5GBASE-T technology, supporting advanced Multi-Gigabit systems, including Cisco campus switches and Aruba Networks access points. The network card also supports NBASE-T and additional features including 16K Jumbo Frames, Auto-MDIX and Wake-on-LAN (WoL).
The Realtek RTL8125 chipset, compliant with IEEE 802.3az and IEEE802.3u supports the PCIe 2.0 interface for PC embedded applications. It provides up to a 250% increase in data rate over Gigabit Ethernet and requires no changes to existing cable infrastructure.
The ST2GPEX is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Multi-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with four network speeds: 2.5G, 1G, 100Mbps, 10Mbps
- Compatible with both 2.5GBASE-T and NBASE-T specifications
- Supports 2.5Gbps network speeds on CAT5e cabling and CAT6a
- IEEE 802.3az and IEEE802.3u compliant energy efficient RealtekT RTL8125 chipset
- Flexible installation with both standard and low-profile brackets included