The ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming motherboard is designed to cope with the demands of 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, with boosted power delivery and an optimized cooling design providing more surface area for heat dissipation. ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming features AI enhancements and intuitive dashboards to help you overclock and tweak various parameters easily. Performance aside, Strix Z490-E Gaming catches the eye, sporting cyberpunk inspired aesthetics including a mirrored stainless steel finish.
ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming helps you get the most out of your gaming build with up-rated power delivery and optimized cooling. Intelligent controls lets you manage overclocking, cooling and networking settings easily, giving you everything you need to harness the full potential of your build for top-tier gaming performance.
Digital power control and an array of power stages ensure Strix Z490-F Gaming has the muscle to control the latest Intel CPUs.
PROCOOL II POWER CONNECTOR
The ProCool II socket is built to tight specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines and have a metal armour for improved heat dissipation. The connector's lower impedance helps prevent hotspots and improves reliability.
DIGI+ POWER CONTROL
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultrasmooth and clean power delivery to the CPU.
12+2 POWER STAGES
ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming utilizes 12+2 DrMOS power stages to combine high-side and low-side MOSFETs and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors demand.
ALLOY CHOKE & CAPACITOR
Superior chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures and provide up to 110% better performance than the industry standard.
- Fan Bracket - A dedicated fan bracket allows you to mount an additional fan to accelerate the airflow, and push the platform as far as you desire.
- MOS Heatsink with U-shaped heatpipe - The U-shaped design allows rapid and even heat transfer from the VRM to the extended MOS heatsink for better performance and wattage resistance. In addition, the MOS heatsink provides a large contact area for MOSFETs and chokes
- Thermal Pads - High-quality thermal pads transfer heat from the inductor and phase array to the heatsink.
- Extended VRM heatsink - The extended heatsink at the end of heatpipe increases thermal mass to offset the additional heat generated by high voltage, lowering temperatures by up to 5°C.
- Dual M.2 heatsinks - The M.2 heatsinks keep the M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
Cooler by Design
ROG Strix Z490 series features the most comprehensive cooling options ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- CPU Fan Header - A dedicated pair of PWM/DC fan headers for CPU coolers.
- AIO Pump Fan Header - A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
- Water Pump Header - A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
- M.2 Heatsink - The M.2 heatsink keeps the M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
- M.2 Fan Header - A dedicated M.2 fan header helps keeps temperatures low for improved performance and longevity. * The M.2 fan holder is 3D-printable
- 4-pin PWM/DC Fan Header - Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming provides you with the latest connectivity for supersmooth online experiences and blisteringly-fast file transfers. Superior audio performance gives you a massive advantage, allowing you to pick up on the smallest audio cues for a completely immersive gaming experience.
DDR4 OC 4600MHz
ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming supports up to 128GB DDR4 memory across four slots. OptiMem II technology improves trace layout to significantly reduce vias and crosstalk to enhance memory stability and compatibility, giving memory kits higher frequency margins.
Dual PCIe 3.0 M.2
Two M.2 slots are available, with one supporting both SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4 modes, and the other supporting PCIe 3.0 x4 for NVMe. Together, they give you the fastest and most-flexible M.2 interface available.
M.2 SOCKET WITH E KEY
Integrated with Intel® Wireless AC/AX technology, M.2 supports CNVi/PCIe/USB mode to build a faster and more cost-effective WiFi and Bluetooth® 5.1 solution.
**Bluetooth 5.1 will be ready in Windows 10 build 19041 or later.
INTEL 2.5G ETHERNET
Onboard 2.5G Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with up to a 2.5X improvement over standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, smoother lag-free gaming and high-res video streaming.
Built-in SupremeFX audio technology ensures pristine audio. It provides a flat frequency response for a neutral, detailed sound signature. And if you’re using a gaming headset, the front panel output is driven by two op amps to preserve audio quality.
Effective shielding against electromagnetic interference preserves the integrity of audio signals for the best sound quality.
Blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide cleaner audio.
Dual OP amplifiers
With two op-amps onboard you're able to pump exceptional audio to your favorite cans, with 32-600Ω-headphone impedance for great flexibility.
Premium Nichicon audio capacitors
Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
PLAY YOUR OWN STYLE
The cyberpunk-inspired aesthetics are accentuated by the bold slashes and cybertext. Pair your ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming with other products from the diverse ROG ecosystem to customize a gaming rig that reflects your personal style.
Undeniably ROG Strix
ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming is unmistakably ROG, it features a mirror-like stainless steel finish, complete with diagonal lines across the I/O shield and futuristic cyber-text.
OUTSHINE THE COMPETITION
ROG Strix motherboards deliver sterling performance and superior aesthetics to Outshine the Competition. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the onboard RGB header — and it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
ADDRESSABLE GEN 2 RGB HEADER
ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming’s Addressable Gen 2 RGB headers are now capable of detecting the number of LEDs on second-gen addressable RGB devices, allowing the software to automatically tailor lighting effects to specific devices. The new headers also offer backward-compatibility with existing Aura RGB gear.
- Pre-mounted I/O shield - ROG’s patented I/O shield is finished in sleek matte black and comes pre-mounted to make it easy to install the motherboard.
- Q-LEDs- Four onboard LEDs indicate power status, and any problem with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device for quick diagnosis.
- FLEXKEY - The front-panel header lets you customize the reset button on the front-panel of your chassis to provide quick access to your choice of Aura lighting controls, DirectKey or system reset.
- BIOS Flashback™ - BIOS Flashback™ is the simplest and safest (UEFI) BIOS update method. Simply drop the (UEFI) BIOS file onto a FAT32 formatted USB stick, plug it into the USB BIOS Flashback port and press the button. Updates can even be performed without having memory or a CPU installed.
ROG Strix undergoes an extensive certification program to ensure the very best compatibility with the widest range of components and devices. Refer to our extensive list of guaranteed-compatible components, it also includes a dedicated Qualified Vendor List (QVL) for memory — so you can build fuss-free.
The ROG Strix Ecosystem Awaits
From graphics, AIO cooler, case, mice, or keyboard, up your game with ROG Strix. Enjoy complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility – and enjoy more choice than any competing brand.
ROG GIVES YOU MORE
ROG exclusive software utilities deliver intuitive audio tuning and gaming enhancements so you can configure your gaming build the way you want.
Take care of complex tuning with just one click. ASUS 5-Way Optimization is a system-wide tuning utility that overclocks the processor and tunes fan speeds to ensure the best balance between cooling and acoustics. The automated CPU tuning feature of 5-Way Optimization leverages the same onboard intelligence as AI Overclocking, but goes further by running a Prime95 based stress test to deliver a result that's well-tuned from the get-go.
The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) provides AI Suite 3 with the intelligence needed to automatically fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclocking settings. We have upgraded this tool to provide AI Overclocking prediction values for users who want more insight when experimenting with different settings.
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Fan Xpert 4
Enjoy comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our award-winning UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks
DIGI+ Power Controls
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
intuitive tool allows you to define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data and optimize audio settings at app level ? so your system is perfectly optimized for whatever you're doing.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
When you're ready for a deeper dive into the configuration of your system, delve into the UEFI's Advanced mode and take complete control. Each section is intuitively organized, and a built-in search feature makes it easy to find the options you need. Advanced functions are coded with the intelligence to adapt to your settings, and when you're ready to take charge, parameters have the granularity to dial in performance just the way you want.
- Prediction - AI OC monitors system vitals like temperatures, fan speeds, and power draw to estimate overclocking performance.
- My Favorites - Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
- EZ Flash 3 - Flash the latest BIOS via the internet from within the BIOS.
- AI OC Guide - The AI OC Guide allows you to enable the AI Optimization or view a quick guide.
- SMART - Check your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and to identify potential failures.
- GPU POST - Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
- Secure Erase - Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
- Last Modified Log - Track the latest changes and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
- SATA Port Renaming - Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
- Search Function - Quickly and easily find the option or setting you're looking for.
- ASUS User Profile - Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
Designed to simplify setup, EZ mode presents all the vital settings and stats on a single page. With guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings, your rig will be up and running in no time.
- My Favorites - Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
- EZ Flash 3 - Flash the latest BIOS from within the BIOS.
- SMART - Check your storage device Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology logs to gauge reliability and identify potential failures.
- Secure Erase - Restore your SSDs and NVMe storage to factory settings.
- Last Modified Log - Track the last change and save preferred profiles to a USB drive.
- SATA Port Renaming - Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
- User Profile - Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
- Q-Fan Control - Configure the fan's operating speed manually or use pre-configured fan profiles to quickly select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes. By default, system fans will automatically switch to full speed if the temperature reaches 75°C.
Sonic Studio III
Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
*A head-related transfer function is an audio algorithm derived from sound data recorded through a dummy head. Test tones are played from a spherical grid around the dummy head to obtain subtle changes in sounds that come from different directions. The results are combined into an algorithm that allows Sonic Studio's virtual surround to process sound true to life.
SONIC STUDIO LINK
The new Sonic Studio Link now allows you to apply Sonic Studio effects on all playback devices. Simply press the Sonic Studio Link button to enjoy the effect on any playback devices.
Apply customized audio settings to different applications, so everything you do is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
SONIC STUDIO VIRTUAL MIXER
A virtual audio device that lets streamers combine sound output and output from different apps. This allows you to mix your voice and video game audio within streaming software. A variety of adjustment and monitoring tools provide a high level of digital control.
ROG Strix Z490 series includes a pre-loaded DTS Sound Unbound app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By exploiting Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.
* DTS Sound Unbound requires in-game support. Check with developers for titles that offer support.
Armoury Crate is a software utility that provides centralized control of supported ROG gaming products. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate puts command of all your Aura gear at your fingertips, with the new Aura Creator ready. The software also provides control of settings for a select and growing number of ROG products, making it easier to tune the look and feel of your system. Armoury Crate even features dedicated product registration and ROG news feeds areas to help you stay in touch with the ROG gaming community.
RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express storage options, its uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.