ASUS Prime series is expertly engineered to unleash the full potential of 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors. Boasting a robust power design, comprehensive cooling solutions and intelligent tuning options, Prime Z490 series motherboards provide daily users and DIY PC builders a range of performance tuning options via intuitive software and firmware features.
Tune It Your Way
Comprehensive controls form the foundation of the ASUS Prime series. The Prime Z490 motherboard packs flexible tools to tune every aspect of your system, enabling you to tweak performance settings to perfectly match the way you work – maximizing your productivity.
All-Around Energy Efficiency
The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes energy savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Fan Xpert 4
Flexible Air- and Liquid-Cooling Controls
Fan Xpert 4 software provides comprehensive control over fans and all-in-one (AiO) coolers. Whether cooling with air or water, an Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There’s also an Extreme Quiet mode that reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks. Fans and AiO coolers can also be controlled via the UEFI BIOS.
Digi+ VRM Control
Precise Digital Power Control
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, automatically switching frequency and power-efficiency settings. It also allows you to fine-tune your CPU for ultimate stability and performance.
The renowned ASUS UEFI BIOS provides everything you need to configure, tweak and tune your system. It offers intelligently simplified options for PC DIY beginners, as well as comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
Advanced Tuning for Serious Tweakers
An intuitive Advanced mode offered via the UEFI lets you take complete control. A built-in search feature makes it easy to find options, and various Advanced functions let you intelligently make nuanced adjustments so you can dial in performance just the way you want
- Search Function - Quickly and easily find the option or setting you need.
- ASUS User Profile - Port configuration settings between different BIOS versions or share them with friends.
- FlexKey - Remap the reset button on the chassis to toggle Aura lighting, activate the DirectKey to go straight to the UEFI BIOS, or reset the system.
Quick and Simple Setup
EZ mode displays vital settings and stats and also offers guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings — all to help you get your rig up and running in no time.
- Intuitive Graphical Fan Control - Fine-tune individual fan settings simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
- EZ XMP - Improve DRAM performance with one click.
Cool to the Core
Prime Z490 series is engineered with multiple onboard heatsinks and an array of hybrid fan headers to ensure your rig stays cool and stable under intense workloads.
VRM Heatsink and Thermal Pads
Two massive VRM heatsinks with underneath thermal pads improve heat transfer from the MOSFETs and chokes for better cooling performance.
Cooler by Design
Prime Z490 series features comprehensive cooling controls that are configurable via Fan Xpert 4 software or via the UEFI BIOS.
- Multiple Temperature Sources - Each header can dynamically reference three thermal sensors. Fan Xpert 4 allows you to map the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards to optimize cooling for GPU- and CPU-intensive tasks.
- AiO Pump Headers - A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
- Smart Protection - A dedicated integrated circuit protects each fan header from overheating and overcurrent.
- 4-Pin PWM/DC Fan - Each onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
Build on a Solid Foundation
Prime Z490 series is built to handle the additional cores and increased bandwidth of 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors. A Z490 motherboard provides all the fundamentals to boost daily productivity, so your system will be ready for action with stable power, intuitive cooling and flexible transfer options.
Robust Power Design
Stable power is essential to extract every last bit of performance out of 10th Generation Intel Core processors, Prime Z490 is geared to cater to the demands of these high-core count CPUs.
Proprietary connector augment the motherboard's link to the PSU with 8+4 pin connectors that pass 12 volts of power directly to the processors. The 8-pin connector features solid pins that can handle more current than hollow-pin connectors.
8+1 DrMOS Power Stages
A VRM with 8+1 DrMOS power stages delivers the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors demand.
ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing memory traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements lead to more headroom for overclocking and improved stability, allowing memory speeds of DDR4-4400 and beyond with all slots populated.
Dual M.2 (up to 32 Gbps)
Dual M.2 slots support data-transfer speeds of up to 32 Gbps via x4 PCI Express® 3.0 bandwidth, enabling quicker boot-up and app load times with OS or application drives.
* Actual transmission speeds will be lower than the theoretical maximum speed
USB 3.2 Gen 2
USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C
Numerous USB ports support high-end rigs loaded with peripherals, including a USB Type-A® and a Type-C® connectors with fast USB 3.2 Gen 2 connectivity for compatible cases.
Intel® 1 Gb Ethernet
Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V reduces CPU overhead and offers exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput for faster, smoother data transfer.
- Lower CPU workload
- High TCP & UDP throughput
ASUS LANGuard is a hardware-level network protection feature that integrates advanced signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to improve throughput and ensure a more reliable connection.
Little Things Make a Big Difference
Prime Z490 series adds the nuanced details that improve every experience, from exclusive codecs that provide pristine audio quality to intuitive RGB lighting controls that let you customize your system to create a uniquely personal look.
Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio
Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
- Audio Shielding - Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference
- Separate Layers for Left and Right Tracks - Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths
- Premium Japanese Capacitors - Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity
Brighten Up Your Build
With 5050 RGB strips connected to the RGB header, you can create your own stunning multicolor lighting displays with static, blinking, fading, and strobing effects.
* The RGB-strip header supports 5050 RGB LED strips with a max power rating of 3A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 3m.
** RGB LED Strips are sold separately.
Armoury Crate is a new software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported products. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate allows you to easily customize RGB lighting and effects for every compatible device in your arsenal. The software also provides control of settings for an ever-growing number of ASUS products, including keyboard and mouse preferences. Armoury Crate even features dedicated product registration and highlights to help you stay in touch with the ASUS community.
- Aura Sync
- Driver & Manual Download
- Account Management
SafeSlot Core+ is the ASUS-exclusive PCIe slot fortified with a one-piece stainless-steel brace that shields the slot to protect it from damage. The metal cover is tightly secured to the slot with hooks, and the entire assembly is firmly anchored to the PCB with strengthened solder points to provide a secure foundation for heavyweight graphics cards.
- Strengthened solder points around the PCIe and DIMM pins.
- Metal inserts keep graphics cards properly aligned during installation.
- The metal side-panels feature hooks that firmly clasp the slot body.
World-class circuit-protecting power design
An exclusive circuit design with built-in voltage regulators to protect your motherboard from damage caused by unexpected high-level voltages from unstable or inferior power supplies.
DRAM Overcurrent Protection
Short-circuit damage prevention
Onboard resettable fuses prevent overcurrent and short-circuit damage. This extends beyond I/O ports to DRAM to safeguard the lifespan of your system and connected devices.
Stainless-steel Back I/O
3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability
Corrosion-resistant stainless-steel back I/O panels bonded with chromium oxide have a lifespan that's three times longer than ordinary panels.
Electrostatic discharge protection
ASUS ESD Guards prevent damage from electrostatic discharge, up to +/- 10kV for air discharge and +/- 6kV for contact discharge, arranged in an active-protective-circuit design that prolongs the life of components
1000+ Compatible devices and components
The Prime Z390 series provides superior compatibility with thousands of components and our Qualified Vendor List (QVL) identifies memory compatibility, giving you more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences.
8000+ Validation hours
Every ASUS motherboards is subjected to more than 8,000 hours of stringent tests, including burn-in, environmental, compatibility, software and safety tests to confirm their durability. ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards, ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment.
- Temperature and humidity tests - Ensures components withstand extreme conditions.
- Thermal measurement tests - Ensures that the system remains cool and stable under the heaviest loads.
- Insertion tests - Every port and connector is put through repeated installation cycles.
- Aging tests - Up to 48-hour aging test ensures reliability.
- Power-consumption tests - Checked for world-class energy efficiency.
- Temperature and DC margin tests - Ensures that the motherboard is capable of coping with voltages fluctuations caused by varying temperatures.
- Thermal-shock tests - Ensures ability to survive temperature changes during transportation.
- Non-operation shock tests - Built to withstand jolts that may occur during shipping.
- Burn-in tests - Every component is checked to ensure flawless operation.
- Installation tests - Connector placement is double-checked to ensure hassle-free installation.
- Drop tests - Drop tests from various heights ensure durability.
- Salt and spray tests - Tested for I/O reliability, prolonged lifespan and rust-resistance.