Fast storage with outstanding computing power
RS819 is a compact and scalable 4-bay rackmount NAS in a 1U form factor. With snapshot technology support, RS819 brings business workgroups simple yet comprehensive solutions to data management, sharing, synchronization and backup.
Meet the space-saving rackmount server for deployment
RS819 supports up to 8 drives when connecting with one RX418 expansion unit. Since both RS819 and RX418 are only 12 inches in depth, they can fit perfectly in a 2-post or wall mount rack.
- Compact chassis design capable of fitting in a 2-post rack
- The 2-post rack mount is easy to assemble and space-saving, allowing you to set up anywhere
- Cost-efficient server deployment without unnecessary investment in rail kits and server facilities
Ultimate file management and sharing
File Station is a web-based, fast and secure management tool built to allow easy, drag-and-drop operations without requiring any complex setup on Mac or PC. Advanced search and filtering tools allow for easy organization and file sharing. For complete compatibility, RS819 supports the following protocols: AFP, FTP, iSCSI, NFS, SMB, and WebDAV.
Btrfs: Next generation storage efficiency
Btrfs file system introduces the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern large scale businesses:
- Flexible Shared Folder/User Quota System provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable and storage capacity-saving data protection with 256 shared folder backups and 4,096 system-wide snapshots
- File or folder level data restoration makes data recovery fast and flexible
- Automatic file self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files without user intervention
Digital asset protection
Powered by Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM), Synology NAS offers advanced security measures to protect against sudden data loss and potential security holes.
Analyzes system settings, password strength, network preferences, and removes any possible malware.
A kernel-level enhancement that blocks malicious programs from accessing unauthorized system resources.
AES 256-bit encryption
Encrypt shared folders and network data transmission to keep data from unauthorized access.
Prevent others from logging in to your DSM by generating a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile device.
Customize the trust level in Package Center to avoid installing packages from untrusted sources, safeguarding your NAS from unknown or tampered package files.
Engineered for reliability, backed by Synology
RS819 is designed to reliably store your data and is backed by Synology's three-year hardware warranty. An optional two-year extended warranty is available in select regions for up to five years of coverage