This dual-monitor USB-C™ docking station adds valuable data storage and backup to your Windows laptop, and makes it easy to create a multi-monitor workstation through support for DP Alt Mode and DisplayPort Multi-Stream Transport (MST).
The USB-C dock provides a versatile way to connect to two DisplayPort monitors, a wired network and three USB 3.0 devices, while housing a 2.5” HDD or SSD for added storage or backup, all through a single USB-C cable. Plus, with Power Delivery support, you can power and charge your laptop as you work.
Add data storage and backup
Featuring a built-in 2.5” SATA SSD/HDD drive bay, this docking station gives you the added advantage of external data storage and backup, reducing the number of devices on your desktop. You can consolidate your peripherals, including external storage, with just one connection to your laptop. This reduces clutter in your workspace and simplifies workflow, making it easier to perform routine tasks like data offloads.
The 2.5" drive bay supports SATA I, II, and III. It’s ideal for creative professionals, IT executives, engineers, business executives and other professionals requiring high-performance functionality and external storage and backup, with Windows Backup, macOS Time Machine or other backup software. And, if you want to add further external storage, the dock has three USB 3.0 ports available.
Connect just one adapter to power the dock and your laptop
This premium laptop dock capitalizes on the full potential of USB Type-C™, which simultaneously transfers power, video, and data.
The docking station supports USB Power Delivery, providing up to 60 watts of power, through the 100W power adapter included. This means you can power and charge your laptop while it's docked, through its USB-C port, and cut clutter at your workstation. Plus, you don’t need to carry or remember an extra power adapter when you’re traveling to or from the office.
Take advantage of versatile video output
This dual-monitor docking station replicates the high performance of a full-size workstation, with DP Alt Mode and MST support providing single, mirror and extended display mode functionality. The USB-C docking station supports 4K Ultra HD resolution (providing the connected DisplayPort display supports it).
With this versatile dock, you can connect:
- 2x DisplayPort display at 1920 x 1200 resolution (60Hz)
- 1x DisplayPort display at 3840 x 2160 resolution (30Hz)
Note: Multi-display and dual-display configurations are only supported in Windows operating systems that support MST.
The MST30C2HDPPD is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Ensure your laptop’s drivers, firmware, and operating system are up to date prior to using the docking station.
- Video output capabilities are dependent on the video card and hardware specification of your connected laptop. Certain video cards have limited MST support, while some monitors will also limit the available resolution.
- Not all USB-C ports support the full functionality of the USB Type-C standard. Ensure that your laptop USB-C port supports DP alt mode, as well as USB Power Delivery.
- Not all Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports support the full functionality of the Thunderbolt 3 standard. Ensure that your laptop Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB Power Delivery.
- macOS does not support MST.