The i-tec USB 3.0 to DisplayPort adapter enables the connection of an additional 4K Ultra HD monitor (3840 x 2160 px.) via your USB 3.0 port. Up to six monitors can be connected to a single host using one adapter per monitor. The adapter transfers both video and stereo audio over a single USB cable and DisplayPort cable.
As 4K displays provide four times the resolution of high-definition 1080p, there is significantly more working space available. This makes 4K viewing perfect for graphic designers, or anyone working with high-resolution images. It also means that several applications can be open, visible and easy to work with. In addition, users can extend or mirror the desktop to improve productivity and save time spent toggling between multiple applications.
The DisplayPort specification 2.1 supports resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz and 3440 x 1440 @ 50 Hz. Resolutions of 2560 x 1600, 2560 x 1440 and lower refresh at 60 Hz. The adapter is powered by the USB bus, which means no external power supply is required.
Please note: when used in conjunction with a 4K HDMI display, a HDMI 1.4-compliant "active" adapter is required. Active adapters that only support HDMI 1.3, as well as all passive adapters, will limit the output resolution to 2048 x 1152 px.. Not recommended for 3D gaming. Although the unit is backward compatible with USB 2.0 the performance will be significantly affected.
- Connect a 4K Ultra HD DisplayPort monitor (3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz) via your USB 3.0 port
- Connect up to six monitors to a single host (1 adapter per monitor required)
- DisplayPort specification 1.2 supports resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz and 3440 x 1440 @ 50 Hz. Resolutions of 2560 x 1600, 2560 x 1440 and lower refresh at 60 Hz
- Transfers both video and stereo audio over a single USB cable and DisplayPort cable.
- Extend or mirror your desktop to improve productivity
- Perfect for gamers, graphic designers, or for offices workers alike.
- Powered by USB bus; no external power supply is required
- Supports Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10, Mac OS X 10.10, and later. Linux Ubuntu 14.04/16.04, Android 5 (Lollipop), and later.