MU-MIMO: Efficient Wi-Fi for Every Device
MU-MIMO technology serves up to four devices at once, reducing wait time, increasing Wi-Fi throughput for every device, and making each stream more efficient.
NitroQAM™ and 4-Stream
The 5GHz band is enhanced with NitroQAMTM (1024QAM), boosting Wi-Fi speeds by 25% to significantly improve performance.
4-Stream technology runs 4 data streams on 5GHz band to increase overall speed by 33% compared to standard routers.
As a powerful DSL modem router, the Archer VR2800 supports super fast VDSL or ADSL broadband of up to 100Mbps, as well a variety of other connection types. The LAN/WAN port accepts connections from Cable Modem or Fiber Modem, and both of the two USB 3.0 ports support 3G/4G dongle connections for a perfect main or backup internet connection.
1GHz Dual-Core CPU + 2 Co-Processors
The Archer VR2800 adds a dedicated processor for each band to manage Wi-Fi traffic, freeing up the router's 1GHz dual-core CPU to tackle more consuming tasks.
- Ultimate Wireless Speed – Combined wireless speeds of up to 600 Mbps (over 2.4GHz) and 2167 Mbps (over 5GHz)
- NitroQAM Technology – Uses NitroQAM (1024 QAM) modulation scheme for higher data throughput, boosting wireless speeds by up to 25%
- MU-MIMO Technology – Simultaneously exchange data with several devices, achieving speeds which are 4x faster than standard AC routers
- 802.11 ac – Provides a data transfer rate 3 times faster than 802.11n for each stream
- Dual-core CPU – 1GHz dual-core CPU and 2 co-processors
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi – 4 dual band detachable antennas ensure widespread Wi-Fi coverage and a stable connection
- Wi-Fi with Beamforming – Beamforming technology locates the connected devices and further improves the Archer VR2800’s range and the signal strength to each mobile device, delivering a more reliable and efficient wireless connection
- Simultaneous Dual Band – Separate Wi-Fi bands enable more devices to connect to your network without a drop in performance
- QoS – Device/Application-based QoS makes it easier for you to prioritize the internet traffic
Ease of Use
- Intuitive Web UI– Ensures quick and simple installation without hassle
- Fast Connection – Connect wireless devices securely with the press of WPS button
- Easy On/Off – Turn On/Off power, wireless radio and LEDs separately using the Power On/Off, Wi-Fi On/Off and LED On/Off buttons
- Remote Management with TP-Link ID – Manage your home network from your smartphone or tablet via a single TP-Link ID, no matter where you find yourself
- Hassle-free Management with Tether App – Network management is made easy with the TP-Link Tether App, available on any Android or iOS device
- Online Upgrade – Keeps you informed of the latest firmware and allows online updating
- Guest Network – Keep your main network secure by creating a separate network for friends and visitors
- Access Control – Establish a whitelist or blacklist to allow or block certain devices from accessing the internet
- Parental Controls – Manage when and how connected devices can access the internet
- VPN Server – OpenVPN, PPTP VPN and IPSec VPN are supported, making it easy to set up a secure connection between your private network and the internet
- Encryptions for Secure Network – WPA-PSK/WPA2- PSK encryptions provide active protection against security threats
- Dual USB Ports for Fast Sharing – With two ultra-fast USB 3.0 ports, you can access and share a printer as well as your files and media locally. Through the modem router's FTP server, you can also access your files and media from network devices remotely
- 10x Faster Transfer Speed – The USB 3.0 port provides up to 10x faster USB hard drive access than previous generation USB 2.0 connections
- Built-in Print Server – Allows wireless printing from multiple computers (works in conjunction with a USB printer)
- Built-in Media Server – Allows you to play music, watch videos and view photos from any device on your network