For small form factor enthusiasts, the standard SFX power supply form factor has excellent combination of size, power, and affordability. At 100mm deep, however, the standard SFX PSU is also limited in fan size to 80mm. While advances in engineering and components have made modern high-end SFX PSUs quieter than ever, there is still inherent limitation with 80mm fan’s ability to dissipate heat at maximum loading conditions while maintaining satisfactory noise profile for users sensitive to higher-pitch sounds. With this in mind, SilverStone has released a “lengthened” variation of the SFX form factor called, SFX-L. With 30mm of added depth, a SFX-L power supply has enough room to fit a 120mm fan, thus its maximum load noise can be not only lower in intensity (via slower fan speed), but also lower in pitch (due to larger fan size). The first model to debut in the SFX-L will be the SX500-LG, a 500W model that includes all features available from top of the line SFX SilverStone PSUs such as 80 PLUS Gold efficiency, modular flexible flat cables, and semi-fanless capability. An ATX adapter bracket is included as well to enable users to install this PSU into any small or even larger cases that do not have SFX mounting holes.
- Designed for 80 PLUS Gold level of efficiency to reduce wasted heat and save on electricity.
- 100% modular cable design for easy removal in a case with cable routed and tied down.
- Flat cables have much greater flexibility to allow for tighter folding and management of cables.
- Ultra-quiet 120mm fan with intelligent RPM control guarantees cool performance and silent operation with minimum of 18dBA during fan operation. The fanless mode operation deactivates when PSU’s internal temperature reaches 41°C.
- Powerful single +12V rail design, perfect for future high-end component upgrades or overclocking.
- ±3% regulation and low ripple & noise performance for high stability.