Verbatim M-Disc is the new standard in digital storage designed to preserve and protect your files by engraving your information into a patented 'rock-like' layer, resistant to light, temperature, and humidity. Industry standard ISO/IEC 10995 tests carried out by Millenniata showed the expected mean lifetime of an M-Disc DVD to be 1,332 years, with just 5% of discs showing signs of data loss after 667 years. Therefore the projected lifetime is expected to be several hundreds of years This means whether you're saving precious photographs, music libraries, medical documents, and more, you'll have the reassurance of knowing it's on a disc designed to last a lifetime.
- Supported by major electric companies (Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, Samsung.)
- Recordable format for HDTV recording and PC data storage
- Utilises a blue-violet laser to read and write data allowing for more data storage on a disc with the same size as a CD/DVD
- Wide power margin of Verbatim BD-media ensures superior drive compatibility
- Super hard coat protects data from scratches
- BD-R recording hardware is required for recording
- Blu-ray player can also be used for BD-R media playback