This M.2 SSD RAID controller card lets you install two M.2 NGFF (Next Generation Form Factor) drives in your desktop computer. The card also features two SATA III (6Gbps) ports and supports hardware RAID. Now, you can merge the speed and compact size of M.2 solid state drives (SSD) with the storage capacity of traditional hard disk drives (HDD).
Leverage the size and speed of M.2 drives
This M.2 controller card lets you take advantage of the size and performance benefits of NGFF SSDs. M.2 drives are smaller than typical platter drives or mSATA-based SSDs, so you can install them in small form-factor PCs and servers, or in tighter areas within your computer case.
When you couple the card with an M.2 drive, you can give your computer’s performance a noticeable speed boost. By installing your operating system on the M.2 drive, you'll have faster access to the files you commonly use, and you can continue to use your higher-capacity platter HDD for bulk storage.
Peace of mind, with simple and cost-effective data recovery
Due to their performance and size advantages, M.2 drives are commonly used in laptops. If your laptop has failed but its M.2 drive is functional, then this card can help with data recovery. Once the M.2 drive is installed and the data recovery is complete, you can continue to use the drive for storage and backup purposes.
Build a high-performance RAID array
If you need a scalable, internal storage solution that you can count on, then this card can help. It supports a range of RAID configurations (RAID 0, 1, and 10), giving you multiple ways to expand your storage, improve your computer’s performance, or to create data redundancy backups.
Connect even more drives with port multiplication
Because the M.2 card supports port multiplication, you can connect up to four drives to one of the card’s SATA ports. With a built-in port multiplier, you can install up to seven drives (two M.2 SSDs, five SATA drives) in your computer through this single drive controller.
Supports a wide range of drives
You can rest assured that your M.2 SATA drives are compatible with the card. It supports the most common drive sizes, including 22110, 2280, 2260, 2242 and 2230. For more versatility, the card also supports hybrid drives.
The PEXM2SAT3422 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Recover data or improve the performance and storage capacity of your desktop, by adding two M.2 solid-state drives (SSD) plus two SATA III drives
- Create a high-performance hardware RAID array to protect and back up your data or expand your storage - supports RAID 0, 1, 10 (1+0)
- Wide installation compatibility, with support for virtually all M.2 NGFF drives (22110, 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230), as well as hybrid drives
- Port multiplier lets you connect up to seven drives total, including two M.2 drives
- Two M.2 B-Key onboard sockets that support SATA III transfer speeds up to 6Gbps
- Adjustable stand-offs, and multiple mounting holes support 110 mm, 80 mm, 60 mm, 42 mm, and 30 mm SSDs
- Fast, hassle-free setup with native support on most operating systems
- Compliant with PCI Express 2.0 standards
- Supports Native Command Queuing (NCQ), as well as ATA and ATAPI commands
- PCIe bus-powered, or powered by your computer's power supply using a 4-pin floppy power connector (small drive power)
- Equipped with a full-profile bracket, includes a low-profile (half-height bracket) for installation in small form-factor computers
- Installs into x4, x8, or x16 PCIe slots