Continuing Noctua’s tradition of supplying customers with its premium-class SecuFirm2™ mountings free of charge, the NM-AM4 kit allows Noctua users to upgrade their coolers to AMD’s AM4 socket (Ryzen). It is backwards compatible with most Noctua coolers since 2005* and has been designed to combine outstanding reliability, optimal contact pressure and easy, straightforward installation. Bringing the trusted SecuFirm2™ quality to AMD’s AM4 platform, the NM-AM4 is an enthusiast-grade mounting kit that meets the highest demands in safety, performance and ease of use.
About this Product
Owners of Noctua CPU coolers* can obtain the NM-AM4 Mounting-Kit free of charge via this form. A proof of purchase (electronic version, photo or scan of the invoice) of both a Noctua CPU cooler and either a socket AM4 mainboard or socket AM4 CPU are required.
The NM-AM4 SecuFirm2™ Mounting-Kit is also available for purchase at some of our resellers. If you need the kit urgently, please consider ordering it via a local reseller.
*Please see this FAQ for detailed compatibility information and note that there is a dedicated upgrade kit available for NH-U14S, NH-U12S and NH-U9S (NM-AM4-UxS). The kit cannot be provided free of charge for DX series Intel Xeon coolers. If you would like to use the kit with these coolers, please purchase it from a local reseller. Please also note that this kit is not compatible with the NH-L9i/NH-L9a low-profile cooler and DO A3 series AMD Opteron coolers.
- NH-C12P SE14
- NH-D14 SE2011
- NH-U12DO (Note that the A3 version is not compatible!)
- NH-U12DX 1366
- NH-U12DX i4
- NH-U12P SE1366
- NH-U12P SE2
- NH-U9B SE2
- NH-U9DX i4
- NH-U9DX 1366
- NH-U9DO (Note that the A3 version is not compatible!)
- Trusted SecuFirm2™ Quality - Over the years, SecuFirm2™ has become synonymous with impeccable long-term stability and flawless craftsmanship. Enthusiast users and industry clients alike trust the time-tested quality of Noctua's professional mounting systems.
- Perfect Contact Pressure - SecuFirm2™ mounting systems use high-grade coil springs to achieve perfect contact pressure. No guesswork regarding how far to tighten the mounting screws, no risk of damaging the socket with excessive pressure!
- Integrated Fastening Brackets - Noctuas SecuFirm2™ systems feature fully integrated fastening brackets with pre-fixed pressure screws and springs, which greatly facilitates the installation process. No fiddling with loose screws and springs!
- Tailor-made for AM4 - In order to cut costs, many manufacturers use cross-platform parts for both Intel and AMD, which can cause compatibility issues. Noctua's SecuFirm2™ mounting system for AM4 has been tailor-made for this socket in order to ensure optimal compatibility.
- Cooler can be installed turned by 90°* - Coming with two different sets of mounting bars, the SecuFirm2™ system allows the users to choose the orientation of the cooler according to their preferences in order to ensure best compatibility and optimal alignment with the airflow path inside the case. *The possibility of installing the cooler turned by 90° depends on the free space around the CPU socket and can thus vary from motherboard to motherboard.
- Backwards compatibility - Noctua CPU coolers are renowned for being safe, long-term investments that can be used for several CPU generations. Accordingly, the SecuFirm2™ kit is fully backwards compatible with most Noctua coolers since 2005, so even 10-year-old coolers can be made compatible with the latest AMD socket.