After 20 days of voting, during which time 78,000+ votes were logged and 6,000 indie games were narrowed down to a top 100, we now know what titles take the 2012 Indie of the Year award and they have the great honour of joining previous victors Minecraft and Terraria.
• Players Choice Indie of the Year: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
• Players Choice Best Upcoming: Path of Exile
• Editors Choice Best Overall: Faster than Light
Now I'll let you argue amongst yourselves which is the overall best of the bunch, or even if any are better or worse than Minecraft and Terraria, but either way there is no doubting that these are popular titles.
Mod of the Year event also managed a stunning 132,000+ votes resulting in a battle between Black Mesa and DayZ, two of the most ambitious mods of this generation, but the winners were counted.
• Players Choice Mod of the Year: Black Mesa
• Players Choice Best Upcoming: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha
• Editors Choice Best Overall: Misery
Final vote went for the App of the Year event, the first time this vote has been cast but still logging around 4,000 votes
• Players Choice App of the Year: Knights of Pen & Paper
• Players Choice Best Upcoming: Dungelot
• Editors Choice Best Overall: Knights of Pen & Paper
215,000+ people voted in the 2012 awards and its great to show who is proving popular, especially for the indie developers who have worked hard on these titles. Either way, it's been another great year to be a gamer.