Arcen Games has announced the beta for A Valley Without Wind 2 is now available on Steam for both PC and Mac. Those who purchase the title will receive instant access to the latest beta build, as well as a free copy of the original A Valley Without Wind. The bundle deal also works the other way around, anyone who purchases (or has purchased) the first game, gets the sequel for free and its 60% off for a limited time during Steam's Holiday Sale.
• Platforming and Turn-Based Strategy Coupled Together – Flip back and forth between your own adventure, and the progress of the resistance you're in charge of.
• Vastly Improved Visuals – Fully redone artwork upgraded from the first title.
• More Tactile Combat – The physics and the style of movement and attacks have also been completely redone from the first title. Spells have mass and can block each another, leading to many interesting tactical situations in the platforming segments.
• New Updates Constantly Arriving – Be part of an active community that is fully involved in shaping the game up to its release! Provide feedback and participate in discussions with both players and developers.
• Randomly Generated World – The ultimate goal may be the same, but how you go about achieving it will differ greatly each and every time through.
• Co-Op Multiplayer – Bring along as many friends as you like on your journey, depending on your connection speed. 2-8 players recommended on most Internet connections; many more on LAN.