CryEngine 3 is an extremely powerful tool, but not satisfied with its own high standards it's the engine that just keeps getting better. Crytek BmbH has realeased this week their latest update to the engine that will see a wave of additions and overall improvements to the development tools.
Crysis is five years old think week, one of the hallmark FPS titles of our time. CryEngine 3.4.3 looks set to carry the flame into the next generation too as we see even better hardware, software and community support and a whole range of new features.
• Dedicated Server
• Revamped Launcher menu
• Sandbox Welcome screen, link to docs & smart open
• Terrain precision/smoothing improved
• Many tweaks/fixes/cleanups to the Sandbox UI
• SSAO improvements
• Improved SSR
• Terrain shadow casting support
• Box projected cubemaps
• Improved DX9 support for Environment Probes
• Performance Optimizations
• ...and more
Version 3.4.3 of the free CryENGINE 3 SDK can be downloaded here http://www.crydev.net/dm_eds/download_detail.php?id=4