Thursday (27th) saw the beginning of a four-day gaming extravaganza which Samsung are hosting at the UK’s premier consumer video game event, the Eurogamer Expo, in Earl’s Court, London.
The Samsung stand is hosting the national final of the World Cyber Games (WCG) FIFA 12 competition, where gamers will battle
it out to be crowned the UK champion to win their place at the December finals in China. And to get the games under way, TV presenter Pollyanna Woodward made an appearance on the Samsung stand.
Known for her prowess in the technology arena, Pollyanna turned her skills to the digital sporting stage by launching the final wave of UK WCG qualifiers for FIFA 12. The qualifiers, which takes place across the Expo (27th-30th September), are free to enter and open to anyone who believes they have the gaming talent to represent the UK.
In addition to hosting the final WCG qualifications, the Samsung stand will offer;
• A showcase of the best Samsung products designed to enhance the overall experience for gamers, from notebooks to tablets to TVs and smartphones, ideal for home or on the move
• EA Games’ Need for Speed official Aston Martin car will be on the stand for fans to have their picture taken by
• Daily an artist will be drawing pictures of the cars from Need for Speed – all the artwork created can be won
• There will be a competition to win a Galaxy Note 10.1 – budding artists need to just draw a picture on the Galaxy Note, on the stand, and the best picture wins!
• Ultimate gaming experience room – gamers must check out this special booth to have a demonstration of the best gaming kit on offer
• FIFA 12 World Cyber Games qualifiers will be held daily on the stand on 27th, 28th and 29th for gamers to win their place in the final on 30th – its free to enter, gamers just need to register on the stand, on the day to take part
• Galaxy Note II – Samsung will be unveiling the Galaxy Note 2, the latest product from Samsung, currently not on sale yet in the UK
WCG is a leading international e-sports festival sponsored globally by Samsung for the 12th successive year. This year over 300,000 players have competed worldwide to represent their nation in the finals. An expected 450 players from 40 countries are expected to compete across a variety of games including FIFA 12, Starcraft 2, DOTA 2, Cross Fire and Warcraft III, for a combined prize of $250,000. Ten individuals will represent the UK having been crowned as the nation’s best gamers in the global WCG finals in Kunshan, China, November and December 2012.
Samsung is paving the road for gaming success with these must have gadgets for the dedicated gamer.