Blizzard Entertainment today unveiled plans for several official global launch events celebrating the upcoming release of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria. Beginning on the 24th September, retailers in the US, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, and Taiwan will welcome gamers, who will be among the first to purchase and play the highly anticipated fourth expansion for the world’s most popular subscription-based MMORPG. Not only that but some members of the World of Warcraft development team will be on hand at many of the official launch events to meet players and sign their copies of the game.
The UK launch event will take place in London at Café de Paris, in partnership with high street retailer GAME.
8:00 p.m. BST
Café de Paris
3-4 Coventry Street
London, W1D 6BL
Attendees will be treated to a stage presentation featuring an evening of activities, special guests, giveaways, and entertainment - including a Mists of Pandaria procession - before the expansion goes on sale at 11:00 p.m. For further details on each of the global launch events, visit www.blizzard.com/company/events/.
“We can't wait to meet up with players around the world and celebrate with them at the official launch events,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “A lot of hard work and long hours went into making Mists of Pandaria a truly epic expansion, so we’re really looking forward to coming together and having some fun with the community before everyone takes off for the new continent.”
In addition to the official UK launch event, other retail locations around the country will open at midnight local time to support gamers eager to pick up the expansion as soon as it’s available. Check with local retailers for further details.
Attendees at the Mists of Pandaria launch events will be able to purchase the standard edition of the expansion (suggested retail price £29.99) as well as the retail exclusive Collector’s Edition (suggested retail price £59.99), which contains the following bonus items in addition to the game disc:
• A World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria behind-the-scenes DVD and Blu-ray two-disc set including over an hour of developer interviews and commentary
• The World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition soundtrack CD
• The Art of Mists of Pandaria, a 208-page hardback tome including never-before-seen artwork from the development process
• World of Warcraft Imperial Quilen flying mount and Lucky Quilen Cub pet, StarCraft® II Battle.net® portraits, and Diablo® III banner sigil and accent
• A special-edition World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria mouse pad featuring Chen Stormstout, the legendary pandaren brewmaster