Test benches are popular amongst reviewers and tinkerers alike, however they’re not famed for their portability as their primary design is accessibility. Their accessible design makes it easier for a builder to quickly swap out parts without working within the confined space usually found in a normal mid-tower.
One thing their design doesn’t really allow though is for these systems to be easily transported, as they generally aren’t enclosed it’s virtually impossible to safely package a system which is assembled on a test bench for transit. Even moving it from one office to the next can be a balancing game.
Enter the Cooler Master HAF XB, a case designed to offer the ease and accessibility of a test bench, but the security and durability of a desktop tower case. Although its design is compared to that of a cube case its primary innovations are aimed towards making it portable. These design traits can be seen with examples such as the carry handles and their re-enforcement by the chassis itself.
In addition to tackling the portability aspects of a test bench style case Cooler Master have also ensured that the HAF XB is as accessible and easy to build into as it can be. With cable management options giving system builders an endless possibility of clean and tidy builds, team that up with the innovative placement of fans, hard drive cages and power supply the case really is a dream to build with.
The HAF XB has the following features:
• Direct front to back airflow over CPU and mainboard for extreme cooling performance
• Supports 240mm radiators with extra clearance for thick performance radiators or push-pull fan configurations
• Supports tower CPU coolers with a height of up to 180mm and up to 334mm long high end graphics cards
• Motherboard tray can be removed to install, remove or swap components
• The first case that quickly and easily transforms into a Testbench - Ideal for enthusiasts and overclockers
• Dual USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ports and X-Dock slots at the front panel for lightning fast plug-n-play I/O
• Rigid carry handles on the side panels
Watch the video below where I will be looking around the case and dishing out some building tips for the HAF XB:
You can buy the HAF XB here.