Beneath its dark heatsinks and brooding aesthetic, the ROG Strix Z790-F packs a power solution and overclocking features that push Intel® 13th Gen Core processors to new heights. Flush with advanced thermal management for quieter builds, along with support for DDR5, PCIe 5.0, and WiFi 6E, this well-equipped powerhouse delivers massive bandwidth for everything.
Robust power delivery, speedy storage and memory, and comprehensive cooling elevate any build with the ROG Strix Z790-F at its center.
Tuning is now faster and smarter than ever before. ASUS AI Overclocking profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration and push the system to its limits. Predicted values can be engaged automatically or used as a launching ground for further experimentation.
The top PCIe 5.0 x16 SafeSlot is well-equipped for the increased size and bandwidth of next-gen graphics cards. Zippy storage options abound with four PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots, all featuring robust heatsinks to maximize performance.
ROG has a long legacy of flexing the fastest memory performance, and DDR5 is no outlier. Thanks to improved signal routing, now enthusiast-grade kits have been driven far beyond the 7 GT/s mark on the Strix Z790-F, and who knows how far future DIMMs can go? Seasoned veterans can test their mettle by tinkering with the extensive array of tuning options in the UEFI.?
ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP) is an exclusive hardware and firmware solution to overclock generic memory modules. AEMP’s second version allows for automatic tuning of kits during system startup and leverages the PCB trace optimizations of the Strix Z790-F to push frequencies higher than ever before. AEMP II can even overclock mixed kits in a quad-DIMM arrangement, and the vast library of support now extends to nearly every DDR5 module that does not otherwise have XMP support.
The ROG Strix Z790-F delivers next-gen connectivity for ultrafast data transfers and low-latency networking. Those perks are joined by an advanced audio solution that allows you to pick out the smallest cues and home in on your opponents.
Onboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of newly available spectrum in the 6 GHz band to provide up to seven 160 MHz channels for ultrafast throughput and better performance in dense wireless environments.
* WiFi 6E availability and features are dependent on regulatory limitations and co-existence with 5 GHz WiFi. Learn more about ASUS WiFi 6E
Low-latency gaming, speedy file transfers, and high-resolution video streaming are among the many perks of onboard Intel® 2.5 Gbps Ethernet.
USB 3.2 GEN 2X2
The Strix Z790-F comes loaded with two USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C® connectors for speedy data transfers up to 20 Gbps. One is a port on the rear I/O; the other can be attached to the chassis front panel and it also features Power Delivery (PD) 3.0 technology to quickly charge devices up to 30W.
ROG SupremeFX is a unique blend of hardware and software technologies that provide superior audio. The Strix Z790-F implementation features the ALC4080 codec for high-resolution playback up to 32-bit/384 kHz across all channels. Front-panel output is streamed through the integrated Savitech amplifier that can drive high-fidelity acoustics to a wide variety of speakers and headsets.
PLAY IN STYLE
Brooding aesthetics and Aura Sync RGB controls allow the ROG Strix Z790-F to effortlessly flex between blending in and showing off.
UNDENIABLY ROG STRIX
When the lights are out, the ROG Strix Z790-F blends into the shadows with its dark pcb and black metal heatinks. Activate the customizable RGB logo on the shroud, and the board makes a bold statment. Transparent layers and subtle brand-centric details add aesthetic depth and texture. Pair the Strix Z790-F with other products from the diverse ROG ecosystem to create a fully-customized gaming setup that reflects your personal style.
OUTSHINE THE COMPETITION
ROG Strix motherboards feature ASUS Aura technology, enabling full lighting control and a variety of presets for both onboard RGB LEDs and third-party accessories. Effects can be easily synced across compatible ROG graphics cards, monitors, keyboards, and mice to give your setup a unified look.
The ROG Strix Z790-F bears the same LGA 1700 socket as the Z690 models, so it is backward compatible with all coolers that supported the previous generation, including all AIO offerings from ASUS and ROG.
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 13th Gen Intel Core processors & 12th Gen Intel Core, Pentium Gold and Celeron Processors
- Robust Power Solution: 16 + 1 power solution rated for 90A per stage with with dual ProCool II power connectors, high-quality alloy chokes, and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized VRM Thermals: Massive heatsinks with integrated I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pads, and connected with an L-shaped heatpipe
- Ample M.2 Support: One PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot with a heatsink and backplate, and three PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots with heatsinks
- Abundant Connectivity: USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C rear I/O port and additional front-panel connector with PD 3.0 up to 30W, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Gen 1 ports, PCIe 5.0 x16 SafeSlot, HDMI 2.1, and DisplayPort 1.4
- High-Performance Networking: On-board WiFi 6E (802.11ax) and Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive AI Overclocking, AI Cooling II, AI Networking, and Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation simplifies setup and improves performance
- Immersive Gaming Audio: ALC4080 with Savitech SV3H712 amplifier, along with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and addressable Gen 2 headers
- DIY-friendly Design: PCIe Slot Q-Release, M.2 Q-Latch, pre-mounted I/O shield, Q-LED, BIOS FlashBack button, BIOS FlashBack LED, and Clear CMOS button
- Renowned Software: Bundled 60-day AIDA64 Extreme trial subscription and intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard with integrated MemTest86